- The report contains detailed information about Ebix Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ebix Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ebix Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ebix Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ebix Inc. business.
About Ebix Inc.
Ebix, Inc. supplies software and e-commerce solutions to the insurance industry. The company provides a series of application software products for the insurance industry ranging from carrier systems, agency systems, and exchanges to custom software development for all entities involved in the insurance and financial industries.
Products and Services
The company conducts its operations through Exchanges, Carrier Systems, Broker Systems, and Business Process Outsourcing.
Exchanges: Ebix operates data exchanges in the areas of life insurance, annuities, employee health benefits, and P&C insurance. Each of these exchanges connects multiple entities with in the insurance markets enabling the participant to carry and process data from one end to another. Ebixs life, annuity, and employee health benefit exchanges operate primarily in the United States while the P&C exchanges operate primarily in Australia and New Zealand.
Carrier Systems: Ebixs focus in the area of carrier systems is on designing and deploying back-end end systems for P&C insurance companies.
Broker Systems: Ebixs focus in the area of broker systems is on designing and deploying back-end systems for P&C insurance brokers across the world. Ebix has three back-end systems in this area, namely eGlobal, which targets multinational P&C insurance brokers; WinBeat, which targets P&C brokers in the Australian and New Zealand markets; and, EbixASP, which is a system for the P&C insurance brokers in the United States.
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Ebixs primary focus in this channel pertains to the creation and tracking of certificates of insurance issued in the United States and Australian markets. Ebix provides a software-based service service for issuance of certificates which the company markets to its P&C broker clients in the United States, to issue certificates of insurance.
Ebix also provides a service to track certificates of insurance for corporate clients in the United States and Australia that generates transactional-based revenue based for each certificate tracked by the company for its clients.
Ebix also provides software development, customization, and consulting services to various entities in the insurance industry including carriers, brokers, exchanges and standard making bodies.
The company acquired E-Z Data, Inc. (E-Z Data) in October 2009. E-Z Data was a industry provider of on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for insurance companies, brokers, agents, investment dealers, and financial advisors.
The company acquired Peak Performance Solutions, Inc. (Peak) in October 2009. Peak provides comprehensive, end-to-end insurance software and technology solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities for workers compensation claims processing, risk management administration, and managed care tracking.
In May 2009, the company acquired Facts, Inc. (Facts) a provider of fully automated software solutions for healthcare payers specializing in claims processing, employee benefits, and managed care. Facts products are available in either an application service provider (ASP) or self-hosted model.
Ebix has two main competitors in the life exchange area namely Blue Frog and iPipeline. Its main competitor in the annuity exchange area is Blue Frog. The company also competes with Trizetto, ADAM, Benefit Mall, and Health Axis. Competition to carrier systems products comes from companies, such as CSC, Guidewire, Rebus, PMSC, and specialty medical malpractice players like Delphi. EbixASP has three main competitors in the U.S. specifically Vertafore, Applied and XDimensional.
Ebix, Inc. was founded in 1976. The company was formerly known as Delphi Systems, Inc. and changed its name to Ebix, Inc. in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EBIX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EBIX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EBIX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EBIX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EBIX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ebix Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ebix Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ebix Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ebix Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ebix Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EBIX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EBIX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EBIX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EBIX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EBIX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EBIX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ebix Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ebix Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ebix Inc. Major Shareholders
Ebix Inc. History
Ebix Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ebix Inc. Offices and Representations
Ebix Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ebix Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ebix Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ebix Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Ebix Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ebix Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ebix Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ebix Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ebix Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ebix Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ebix Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ebix Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?