- The report contains detailed information about Novell Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Novell Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Novell Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Novell Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Novell Inc. business.
About Novell Inc.
Novell, Inc. engages in the development, sale, and installation of enterprise-quality software. The company develops and delivers Linux operating system software for a range of computers from desktops to servers. In addition, the company provides a portfolio of integrated IT management software for systems, identity and security management for both Linux and mixed-platform environments.
The company also has strategic partnerships with application providers, hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers, consultants, and systems integrators.
The companys business unit segments are Open Platform Solutions, Identity and Security Management, Systems and Resource Management, and Workgroup.
Open Platform Solutions segment
The company delivers Linux and related solutions for the enterprise. Primary Open Platform Solutions offerings are:
Linux Platform Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) is an open source server operating system for professional deployment in heterogeneous (open source and proprietary) IT environments of all sizes and sectors. This operating system integrates server-related services relevant to Linux, including integrated virtualization, and constitutes a platform for the operation of IT environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) is a business desktop operating system that brings together the Linux operating environment with a set of business applications. Included among the significant business applications are OpenOffice.org (an office productivity suite), Mozillas Firefox browser, and Novell Evolution, an e-mail and collaboration tool.
SUSE Studio is a set of tools and services that allow Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to build customized software appliances to deploy, maintain, and support. SUSE Studio provides a solution for building a software appliance with an operating system and associated tools for configuring, patching, and updating the appliance.
SUSE Moblin is the companys version of Moblin, an open source operating system based on Linux that is designed for netbooks, nettops, and mobile Internet devices. SUSE Moblin offers users a way to access the Internet.
Other Open Platform Solutions products include: openSUSE, a home computing product that lets users browse the Web, send e-mail, chat with friends, organize digital photographs, play movies and songs, and create documents and spreadsheets; products based on the Mono open source project, which provides software to develop and run .NET server and client applications on different operating systems, including SUSE Linux Enterprise; and SUSE Engineering, a specialized product development program that the company performs for customers.
Identity and Security Management segment
Identity, security, and compliance management solutions are designed to help customers integrate, secure, and manage IT assets.
Identity Manager is a data-sharing and synchronization solution, referred to as a meta-directory solution, that automatically distributes new and updated information across every designated application and directory on a network. Identity Manager integrates with enterprise IT systems, such as SAP AG (SAP), to provide a common identity management framework across the enterprise.
Access Manager helps customers maximize access without limiting security or control. It simplifies and safeguards online asset-sharing, allowing customers to control access to web-based and traditional business applications. Trusted users gain secure authentication and access to portals, web-based content, and enterprise applications.
SecureLogin is a directory-integrated authentication solution that delivers single sign-on access across multi-platform networks, simplifying password management by eliminating the need for users to remember more than one password.
Sentinel automates the monitoring of IT effectiveness allowing users to detect and resolve threats in real-time. This enables enterprises to maintain a secure network. Sentinel also provides documented evidence needed by some users to comply with regulatory and industry compliance requirements.
Compliance Management Platform
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVELL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVELL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVELL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVELL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVELL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Novell Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Novell Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Novell Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Novell Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Novell Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVELL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVELL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVELL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVELL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVELL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVELL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Novell Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Novell Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Novell Inc. Major Shareholders
Novell Inc. History
Novell Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Novell Inc. Offices and Representations
Novell Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Novell Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Novell Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Novell Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Novell Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Novell Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Novell Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Novell Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Novell Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Novell Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Novell Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Novell Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?