- The report contains detailed information about EarthLink Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EarthLink Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EarthLink Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EarthLink Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EarthLink Inc. business.
About EarthLink Inc.
EarthLink, Inc., an Internet service provider, provides nationwide Internet access and related value-added services to individual and business customers.
The companys primary service offerings are dial-up and high-speed Internet access services and related value-added services, such as search, advertising and ancillary services sold as add-on features to its Internet access services. In addition, through its wholly owned subsidiary, New Edge Networks (New Edge), the company builds and manages private IP-based wide area networks for businesses and communications carriers.
The company operates in two segments, Consumer Services and Business Services.
CONSUMER SERVICES SEGMENT
The Consumer Services segment provides Internet access and related value-added services to individual customers. These services include dial-up and Internet access and voice services.
Premium Dial-up Internet Access: The companys premium dial-up, or narrowband, access is a subscription-based service that provides customers with access to the Internet and content, features, services, applications, tools, and customer support. Such features include antivirus and firewall protection, acceleration tools and privacy and safety tools.
Value Dial-up Internet Access: The company provides value-priced dial-up access services through its PeoplePC Online offering. Its value dial-up access is a subscription-based service that provides customers access to the Internet at comparatively lower prices. The company also provides to its value-priced dial-up access customers accelerator technology that speeds up customers' page load times by compressing and simplifying Web pages.
The company provides high-speed access services via DSL and cable and offer different speeds of service. Its high-speed access service includes the same features and benefits included with its premium dial-up access service, including antivirus and firewall protection, privacy and safety tools, and customer support.
The company provides two VoIP services. EarthLink DSL and Home Phone Service is a bundle offer that includes EarthLink high-speed Internet access and home phone service. It combines the last mile of traditional telephone copper wiring with the advanced features of VoIP by taking advantage of Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM) technology. The company offers subscription-based service under various plans that include features, such as voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, call forwarding, and E911 service. It offers this service in 12 markets in the U.S.
The company also provides Internet-based phone service that enables its customers to make and receive phone calls with a telephone in any location where its broadband Internet access is available. It transmits these calls using VoIP technology, which converts voice signals into digital data packets for transmission over the Internet. The company offers subscription-based service under various plans that include features, such as voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, call forwarding, and E911 service.
The company offers services which are incremental to its Internet access services. Its value-added services portfolio includes products for protection, communication and performance, such as security products, premium email only, home networking, email storage and Internet call waiting, among others. The company offers free and fee-based value-added services to both subscribers and non-subscribers.
Sales and Distribution
The company offers its products and services primarily through direct customer contact through its call centers, search engine marketing, affinity marketing partners, such as AARP and Dell, resellers and marketing alliances, such as Time Warner Cable.
The company provides subscribers with Internet access primarily through third-party telecommunications service providers. Its principal provider for narrowband services is Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3). It also has agreements with certain regional and local narrowband providers. The com
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EARTHLINK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EARTHLINK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EARTHLINK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EARTHLINK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EARTHLINK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EarthLink Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EarthLink Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EarthLink Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EarthLink Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EarthLink Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EARTHLINK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EARTHLINK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EARTHLINK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EARTHLINK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EARTHLINK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EARTHLINK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EarthLink Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EarthLink Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EarthLink Inc. Major Shareholders
EarthLink Inc. History
EarthLink Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EarthLink Inc. Offices and Representations
EarthLink Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EarthLink Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EarthLink Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EarthLink Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
EarthLink Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EarthLink Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EarthLink Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EarthLink Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EarthLink Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EarthLink Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EarthLink Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EarthLink Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?