- The report contains detailed information about Answers Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Answers Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Answers Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Answers Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Answers Corporation business.
About Answers Corporation
Answers Corporation provides answer-based search services to users primarily through its website Answers.com, which includes WikiAnswers and ReferenceAnswers.
The companys community-generated social knowledge Q&A platform, WikiAnswers, leverages wiki-based technologies. ReferenceAnswers includes content on millions of topics from licensed sources created by publishers, including Houghton Mifflin Company, Barron's and Encyclopedia Britannica. As of January 2010, Answers.com had 50 million visitors. Worldwide, Answers.com had approximately 77 million visitors.
During 2009, Answers.com yielded approximately 3.4 billion page views. The companys business runs on the ability to attract and monetize traffic to Answers.com.
Products & Services
The New Answers.com
The company owns and operates Answers.com, a Q&A site providing answers to questions about anything. Answers.com includes two Web properties, or components: WikiAnswers and ReferenceAnswers. WikiAnswers is a community-generated social knowledge Q&A platform, leveraging wiki-based technologies. Through the contributions of the community, its questions and answers are continuously being updated, to form the Q&A database. ReferenceAnswers provides editorial content on millions of topics licensed from the reference publishers.
The WikiAnswers Component
WikiAnswers is a user-generated content (UGC), community-based, Q&A platform where people ask questions and the community answers them.
The ReferenceAnswers Component
ReferenceAnswers, launched in January 2005 as the original Answers.com, aggregates millions of topics in categories, including health and medical, legal, business and finance, science and technology, history, reference, translation and language from brand-name publishers and other sources.
The companys ReferenceAnswers content includes approximately 250 licensed titles from offline and online publishers. The publishers from which the company licenses content include All Media Guide, Barrons Educational Series, Encyclopedia Britannica, Houghton Mifflin Company, McGraw-Hill, Oxford University Press, and Gale. In 2010, ReferenceAnswers also began featuring licensed videos.
1-Click Answers; AnswerTips; Web-Based AnswerTips
1-Click Answers is a tool that facilitates access to Answers.com. With 1-Click Answers installed on a computer, a user can click on a word or phrase with in any application, such as an e-mail, spreadsheet, document or database, and gain access to Answers.coms online library.
Answers.com content related to the word or phrase is displayed in an AnswerTips pop-up information bubble. Available for users of both Microsoft Windows and Apples Macintosh OS X, 1-Click Answers performs contextual analysis of the words or phrase clicked.
In 2009, the company launched French, Italian, German and Spanish language versions of WikiAnswers, which the company refers to as FIGS. The Q&A platform also supports Tagalog (Filipino). The WikiAnswers English language database contains approximately 7 million answered questions.
The company was founded in 1998. It was formerly known as GuruNet Corporation and changed its name to Answers Corporation in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANSWERS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANSWERS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANSWERS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANSWERS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANSWERS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Answers Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Answers Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Answers Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Answers Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Answers Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ANSWERS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANSWERS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANSWERS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANSWERS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANSWERS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANSWERS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Answers Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Answers Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Answers Corporation Major Shareholders
Answers Corporation History
Answers Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Answers Corporation Offices and Representations
Answers Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Answers Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Answers Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Answers Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Answers Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Answers Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Answers Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Answers Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Answers Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Answers Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Answers Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Answers Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?