- The report contains detailed information about Blackboard Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Blackboard Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Blackboard Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Blackboard Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Blackboard Inc. business.
About Blackboard Inc.
Blackboard Inc. provides enterprise software applications and related services to the education industry.
Products and Services
The company offers a line of enterprise software applications focused on the education industry. Clients can license its software applications individually or on one of four platforms, including Blackboard Learn; Blackboard Transact; Blackboard Connect; and Blackboard Mobile.
Blackboard Learn, the companys Web-based teaching and learning platform, is the new version of the deployed Blackboard Academic Suite. The company launched Blackboard Learntm, Release 9.0, its latest software release, in 2009 as part of its multi-year, multi-release plan to deliver the next generation of Blackboard solutions, and it is available to its existing clients under their licenses with the company. Clients on the Blackboard Learn platform may license packages featuring combinations of various modules, including Course Delivery, Community Engagement, Content Management, Portfolio Management, and Outcomes Assessment.
The new modules correspond to the products within the Blackboard Academic Suite as follows: The Blackboard Learning System; The Blackboard Community System; The Blackboard Content System; The Blackboard Portfolio System; and The Blackboard Outcomes System. Offered in Blackboard Learn include Course Delivery module; Community Engagement module; Content Management module; Portfolio Management module; and Outcomes Assessment module.
The company offers Blackboard Learn in all of its markets, Blackboard Transact primarily to U.S. and Canadian postsecondary clients and Blackboard Connect to primarily U.S. K-12, postsecondary and government clients, and Blackboard Mobile primarily to U.S. postsecondary and K-12 clients. The company also offers application hosting for clients who prefer to outsource the management of their Blackboard Learn systems. In addition to its products, the company offers various professional services, including strategic consulting, project management, custom application development and training.
Blackboard Learn provides a scalable and technology platform for delivering education online, managing digital content and aggregating access to tools, information and content through an integrated Web portal environment.
The Blackboard Learn platform offers capabilities for course delivery, learning content, assessment, document management, hosting, and community engagement. Clients may license software applications in packages designed to provide various options and tailored to meet the needs of its client base. The Blackboard Learn platform packages include enterprise and foundation licenses various modules, including Course Delivery, Community Engagement, Content Management, Portfolio Management, and Outcomes Assessment.
Blackboard Learn Course Delivery Module
The Course Delivery module of the Blackboard Learn platform allows educational institutions to support an online teaching and learning environment that can be used to augment a classroom-based program or for distance learning. The major capabilities of the Course Delivery module include teaching and learning; features; extending the learning environment; and system administration.
The company offers the Course Delivery module of Blackboard Learn through basic, foundation, or enterprise licenses to appeal to all sizes and types of clients. Basic and foundation licenses provide entry-level versions of the Course Delivery module suitable for small-scale implementations, while enterprise licenses provide functionality to support implementations and various language configurations, including English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Finnish, Arabic, and Chinese.
Blackboard Learn Community Engagement Module
The Community Engagement module of the Blackboard Learn platform is an enterprise information portal application designed specifically for the education industry and is licensed as an extension of the Course Delivery module. The Community Engagement module allows institutions to extend their learning environments and to further enga
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BLACKBOARD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BLACKBOARD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BLACKBOARD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BLACKBOARD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BLACKBOARD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Blackboard Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Blackboard Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Blackboard Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Blackboard Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Blackboard Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BLACKBOARD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BLACKBOARD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BLACKBOARD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BLACKBOARD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BLACKBOARD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BLACKBOARD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Blackboard Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Blackboard Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Blackboard Inc. Major Shareholders
Blackboard Inc. History
Blackboard Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Blackboard Inc. Offices and Representations
Blackboard Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Blackboard Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Blackboard Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Blackboard Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Blackboard Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Blackboard Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Blackboard Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Blackboard Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Blackboard Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Blackboard Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Blackboard Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Blackboard Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?