- The report contains detailed information about Akamai Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Akamai Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Akamai Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Akamai Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Akamai Technologies Inc. business.
About Akamai Technologies Inc.
Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides services for accelerating the delivery of content and applications over the Internet. It offers a range of services, including live and on-demand streaming video capabilities to conventional content on Websites, to tools that help people transact business and reach out to new and existing customers.
The company offers application performance services, services and solutions for digital media and software distribution and storage, content and application delivery, online advertising-related services, and other specialized Internet-based offerings.
Application Performance Solutions
Web Application Accelerator: The companys Web Application Accelerator service is designed to improve the performance of Web-based applications through a combination of dynamic caching, routing and connection optimization and compression of content before it is sent. This service is appropriate for companies involved in technology, business services, travel and leisure, manufacturing and other industries where there is a movement to Internet-based communication with remote customers, suppliers and franchisees. Enterprise customers are using the Web Application Accelerator service to run applications, such as online airline reservations systems, training tools, customer relationship management and human resources applications.
IP Application Accelerator: The company's IP Application Accelerator solution is designed to address core Internet weaknesses to optimize the performance, availability and real-time sensitivity associated with IP-enabled applications delivered over Internet-related protocols, such as SSL, IPSec, UDP, and FTP. IP Application Accelerator uses Akamais global network of servers and optimized routing and connection technologies to improve the stability and reliability of connections between end users and the IP-based application.
Digital Asset Solutions
The company's Digital Asset Solutions are designed to enable enterprises to execute their file management and distribution strategies by improving the end-user experience, boosting reliability and scalability, and reducing the cost of Internet-related infrastructure.
Akamai Media Delivery: The companys Akamai Media Delivery solution is primarily used by companies in the following industries: entertainment, including television, radio, sports, music and media; gaming; social networking; and Internet search/portal access. The solution can accommodate the many different business models used by its customers, including pay-per-view, subscription, advertising, and syndication.
Electronic Software Delivery: The companys Electronic Software Delivery solution handles the distribution of software for its customers. The companys network is designed to withstand large surges in traffic related to software launches and other distributions with a goal of improved customer experiences, increased use of electronic delivery and successful online product launches. The company also offers tools to improve the effectiveness of this distribution model, including electronic download receipts, storage, download manager to provide end users with control over the handling of files received, and reporting.
Stream OS: Stream OS is a Web-based suite of configurable tools that enables publishing of rich media to the Web. Stream OS can be used with all major media formats, software downloads and delivery of electronic documents and incorporated tools such as: Content Manager for uploading, storing, managing, and editing media files and information about those files; RSS Manager for managing, delivering and distributing content via automatically-generated Really Simple Syndication, or RSS, feeds; Tools for scheduling and provisioning live streaming events; and Digital rights management and profile tools for targeting, protecting and controlling the distribution of content based on business rules, licensing terms, geography, and other criteria.
Stream OS customers include all types of media content owners seeking to reach consumers over the Web, including sports leagues, music companies and broadcasters of news, sports, and other
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Akamai Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Akamai Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Akamai Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Akamai Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Akamai Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Akamai Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Akamai Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Akamai Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Akamai Technologies Inc. History
Akamai Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Akamai Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Akamai Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Akamai Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Akamai Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Akamai Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Akamai Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Akamai Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Akamai Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Akamai Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Akamai Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Akamai Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Akamai Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Akamai Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?