- The report contains detailed information about Spansion Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spansion Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spansion Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spansion Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spansion Inc. business.
About Spansion Inc.
Spansion Inc., a semiconductor device company, engages in designing, developing, manufacturing, marketing, and selling NOR flash memory products and solutions worldwide.
The companys products are used in a range of applications, including automotive electronics, such as navigation systems and engine control; PC and peripheral computing equipment, such as printers; consumer equipment, such as set top boxes and home networking; communication equipment, such as enterprise networking and cellular infrastructure; arcade gaming equipment; industrial control equipment; and mobile phones.
Products and Technology
The companys product portfolio offers densities ranging from 1-megabit to 2-gigabits and an array of interfaces and features. It has developed two flash memory technologies, single-bit-per-cell floating gate technology and one-, two- or more-bit-per-cell MirrorBit technology, its proprietary charge trapping non-volatile memory technology. The companys MirrorBit products are based primarily on two-bits per cell and allow it to offer a range of product configurations and capabilities.
The company markets and sells its products worldwide under the Spansion trademark. Its products that are designed primarily for code storage and execution are based on NOR Flash memory architecture and utilize either traditional floating gate technology or its MirrorBit technology. The company has created and owns fundamental intellectual property in both floating gate and MirrorBit technologies.
Floating Gate Technology
Floating gate is the conventional memory cell technology that is utilized by flash memory companies for both NOR and NAND products. The companys products using floating gate technology are typically used for code storage in applications requiring very high read speeds or the ability to operate at extreme temperatures in harsh environments, such as those found in automotive applications.
The company has developed MirrorBit NOR technology, which stores two distinct charges in a single memory cell, with each charge equivalent to one bit of data thereby improving the density, or storage capacity, of each memory cell. MirrorBit technology, which enables the storage of charge without it diffusing, moving or flowing, is generally referred to as charge trapping technology. MirrorBit technology is the foundation for its product roadmap.
The company serves its customers worldwide directly or through its distributors, including Spansion Japan Limited and Fujitsu Limited, who buy products from the company and resells them to their original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original design manufacturers (ODMs), either directly or through their own distributors. Customers for its products consist of OEMs, ODMs, and contract manufacturers.
The companys principal NOR Flash memory competitors are Numonyx B.V.; Macronix International Co., Ltd.; and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Its NOR Flash memory competitors also include Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. and Toshiba Corporation. The company's principal NAND Flash memory competitors include Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.; Numonyx B.V.; and Micron Technology, Inc. It also identifies competition from Hynix Semiconductor Inc.; Toshiba Corporation; Intel Corporation; IM Flash Technology LLC, the joint venture between Intel and Micron Technology, Inc.; and SanDisk Corporation.
On July 21, 2010, Elpida Memory Inc. and Spansion Inc. announced broadening an existing relationship for joint development of NAND process technology and products to include a foundry services agreement for NAND Flash memory. Elpida has also secured a license to Spansion NAND IP based on MirrorBit charge-trapping technology.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPANSION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPANSION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPANSION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPANSION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPANSION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spansion Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spansion Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spansion Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spansion Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spansion Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPANSION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPANSION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPANSION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPANSION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPANSION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPANSION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spansion Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spansion Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spansion Inc. Major Shareholders
Spansion Inc. History
Spansion Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spansion Inc. Offices and Representations
Spansion Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spansion Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spansion Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spansion Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Spansion Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spansion Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spansion Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spansion Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spansion Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spansion Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spansion Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spansion Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?