- The report contains detailed information about Mindspeed Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mindspeed Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mindspeed Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mindspeed Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mindspeed Technologies Inc. business.
About Mindspeed Technologies Inc.
Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. engages in the design, development, and sale of semiconductor solutions for communications applications in the wireline and wireless network infrastructure.
The company provides network infrastructure original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with a portfolio of semiconductor networking solutions. Its products can be classified into three focused product families, such as communications convergence processing products, analog products and WAN communications products. These three product families are found in various networking equipment designed to process, transmit and switch voice, data and video traffic between, and within, the different segments of the communications network.
The companys communications convergence processing products include ultra-low-power, multi-core digital signal processor system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for the fixed and mobile (3G/4G) carrier infrastructure and residential and enterprise platforms. Its analog products include high-density crosspoint switches, optical drivers, equalization and signal-conditioning solutions that solve difficult switching, timing and synchronization challenges in next-generation optical networking, enterprise storage and broadcast video transmission applications.
Communications Convergence Processing Products
The companys software-configurable communications convergence processing products serve as bridges for transporting video, voice, fax and modem transmissions between circuit-switched and packet-based fixed and mobile networks, and across network boundaries. Its digital signal processor (DSP) device architecture combines the performance of a digital-signal processor core with the flexibility of a microcontroller core to support its suite of voice compression techniques, echo cancellers and communications protocols. These products process and translate voice and data and perform various management and reporting functions.
The companys communications convergence processing products include the Comcerto family for fiber-access service delivery, and its Transcede family of 3G/4G base station baseband processors that extend its proven multi-core processing expertise into the mobile infrastructure.
The companys Comcerto family of packet processors includes a range of software-compatible solutions that enable OEMs to provide scalable systems with customized features for carrier, enterprise and customer premise applications. All are targeted for use in media gateways designed to bridge wireless, wireline and enterprise networks.
The Comcerto 300, 500, and 800 series solutions are designed for access and enterprise voice and data processing applications. The Comcerto 300 series is targeted at Voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) integration in lower density access platforms, such as multi-dwelling units (MDUs), digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM) equipment and multi-service access nodes (MSANs), and are widely deployed in passive optical network/fiber-to-the-building (PON/FTTB) applications. The Comcerto 500 series is a silicon PBX-on-a-chip, which supports all required voice processing functionality for approximately 128 channels, including encryption. The Comcerto 800 series enables a new class of office-in-a-box systems by combining a VoP subsystem with a routing and virtual private network (VPN) engine.
The Comcerto 100 series broadband services processor, is designed to support triple-play (voice, video and data) networks for residential and small office/home office markets.
The Comcerto 1000 series of low-power embedded packet processers address various applications ranging from VOIP enabled home gateways, small-to-midsized business security appliances to Ethernet powered 802.11n enterprise access points.
The companys Transcede family extends its multi-core processor to deliver integrated baseband solutions for 3G/4G base stations. Transcede is designed to enable the development of a range of equipment, from picocells and enterprise femtocells serving a small number of subscribers to microcells and macrocells serving various subscribers.
High-Performance Analog Products
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mindspeed Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mindspeed Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MINDSPEED TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. History
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mindspeed Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?