- The report contains detailed information about Micrel Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Micrel Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Micrel Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Micrel Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Micrel Inc. business.
About Micrel Inc.
Micrel, Incorporated, doing business as Micrel Semiconductor, engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of analog power integrated circuits (ICs), mixed-signal, and digital ICs.
Products and Markets
The company offers a range of analog, mixed signal, and digital ICs that address high growth markets, including cellular handsets, portable computing, enterprise and home networking, wide area and metropolitan area networks, digital televisions, and industrial equipment. Its primary markets are power management, industrial, consumer, defense, and automotive electronics markets.
Power Conversion Market: The electronic equipment includes a power supply that converts and regulates the electrical power source into usable voltage for the equipment. Micrel has multiple power conversion families:
LDOs LDOs are linear voltage regulators which allow lower voltage devices to be connected to higher voltage power rails. The company offers various LDOs products ranging from low cost portable regulators, to high current regulators with supervisory functions.
DC/DC converters The companys DC/DC converter products are offered in controller (no switch) and regulator (switches on board) form. The devices are primarily used in solid state drives, cloud servers, networking, portable equipment, and base stations.
Analog Power Switches The company offers analog switches that range from straight current switching to reverse blocking, current protected and soft start devices with supervisory options. The devices are primarily used in LCD TV, computer USB port, and cell phone devices. In addition, the company offers a family of hot swap controllers, including second sources of devices which appeal primarily to the networking and telecom markets.
PMICs PMICs combine supervisor, DC/DC, LDO and interfacing requirements in a single IC. The company has introduced various PMIC devices for key applications ranging from graphics processors to LTE dongles.
RF PA bias The company offers digitally controlled output voltage DC/DC converters for power amplifier communications biasing. The devices are primarily used in portable wireless equipment and cell phones.
Solid State Lighting The company's offerings include LED drivers for the portable and non-portable backlighting markets, as well as drivers for solid state architectural and general illumination. These products have been adopted by portable equipment and cell phone manufacturers.
FET Drivers The company produces buffers which allow DC/DC controllers to interface to external switches and provide the power needed to drive these switches.
Supervisory Market: The company offers supervisory and reference products which protect, monitor and improve the interface of circuitry, especially around microcontroller and processor circuits.
General Linear: The company's offerings include a line of general linear parts ranging from opamps, to thermal measurement devices, timers, and other general glue devices.
Portable Battery-Powered Computer Market: The company makes power analog circuits for notebook computers, tablet PCs, and PDAs.
Radio Frequency Data Communications: The company's QwikRadio family of RF receivers and transmitters are designed for use in any system requiring a low-data-rate wireless link. Its RadioWire transceivers provide required performance for applications, such as remote metering, security systems, and factory automation.
Networking and High-Speed Communications Market: The company's high bandwidth division develops and produces high speed physical media devices (PMD) and interface integrated circuits for communications products targeted at fiber optic modules, active cables, backplane management, data, and clock management applications.
The company's Ethernet division offers a range of physical layer transceivers (PHY), media access controllers (MAC), switches, and system-on-chip (SoC) devices for the 10/100/1000 Megabit Ethernet standard. The primary applications for the products are digital home networks, enterprise, and other industrial/embedded Ethernet systems.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MICREL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MICREL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MICREL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MICREL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MICREL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Micrel Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Micrel Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Micrel Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Micrel Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Micrel Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MICREL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MICREL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MICREL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MICREL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MICREL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MICREL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Micrel Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Micrel Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Micrel Inc. Major Shareholders
Micrel Inc. History
Micrel Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Micrel Inc. Offices and Representations
Micrel Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Micrel Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Micrel Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Micrel Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Micrel Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Micrel Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Micrel Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Micrel Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Micrel Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Micrel Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Micrel Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Micrel Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?