- The report contains detailed information about Leadis Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Leadis Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Leadis Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Leadis Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Leadis Technology Inc. business.
About Leadis Technology Inc.
Leadis Technology, Inc. engages in the design, development, and marketing of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. The company out sources all of the fabrication, assembly and testing of its products to outside subcontractors.
Touch Controller Chips
The company initiated its development of touch technology IC solutions in 2007, and introduced its initial products in 2008. Its portfolio consists of eleven products targeted for applications implementing capacitive touch buttons, sliders, and scroll wheels. The products are grouped into four major categories based on degree of integration.
The companys LDS600x products contain the PureTouch controller block and offer 6, 10, or 15 channel options.
The companys LDS602x products add integrated keypad LED drivers and are offered in 6, 10, 13, and 15 channel options.
The companys two LDS601x products integrate a TouchSensecertified haptics driver and feature 15 channels, with one product optimized for mobile applications and the other for non-mobile.
The companys LDS604x offerings are similar to the LDS601x products, with the addition of the same keypad LED driver functionality featured in the LDS602x line.
In January 2009, the company entered into an agreement with Immersion Corporation in which it received a license to use Immersions TouchSense Player and Haptics Effect Library.
LED Driver Chips: During 2008, the company had eight LED driver products for portable backlighting and flash applications, such as flash or lamp LEDs in cell phone cameras. In January 2009, the company announced its LDS8160 featuring its proprietary in-situ Temperature Compensation engine.
Display Driver Chips: The companys core business through 2008 was the development and sale of integrated single chip mixed signal display drivers for small panel displays. In January 2009, it sold its display driver business to AsTEK, Inc., a privately-held company located in Korea. The company has also licensed its proprietary EPiC technology for AM-OLED displays to ASTEK, Inc.
The company sells its products through its direct sales force and sales representative firms with staff located in Asia and Europe. It also markets and sells through independent distributors in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
The companys end market customers include portable handset manufacturers, such as Nokia Corporation, Sony Ericsson and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. It intends its customer base to include a range of consumer electronics manufacturers. In 2008, the companys major customers included Samsung SDI Corporation and Rikei Corporation, a sales distributor in Japan.
The companys primary foundry suppliers are Seiko Epson in Japan, and Vanguard International Semiconductor Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation and United Microelectronics Corporation in Taiwan. The company relies primarily on Chipbond Technology Corporation, International Semiconductor Technology Ltd. and King Yuan Electronics Co., Ltd., each located in Taiwan, and Unisem Group in Malaysia, to assemble and test its products.
The companys competitors for its LED drivers include Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc., Linear Technology Corporation, Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., Micrel Incorporated, National Semiconductor Corporation, RichTech Co., Ltd., and Texas Instruments Incorporated. Its competitors for its touch products include Atmel Corporation, Cypress Semiconductor and Synaptics Incorporated.
The companys competitors for its legacy display driver products include Himax Technologies, Ltd., MagnaChip Semiconductor Ltd., Novatek Microelectronics Corp., Ltd., Renesas Technology Corp., Sitronix Technology Corporation, and Solomon Systech Limited. Captive semiconductor suppliers with which the company may compete include semiconductor divisions of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Seiko Epson Corporation, Sharp Electronics Corporation and Toshiba Corporation.
In February 2009, the company sold assets relating to a development-stage power management product.
In March 2009, the company sold assets related to its audio products.
Leadis Technology, Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Leadis Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Leadis Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Leadis Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Leadis Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Leadis Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEADIS TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Leadis Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Leadis Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Leadis Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Leadis Technology Inc. History
Leadis Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Leadis Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Leadis Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Leadis Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Leadis Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Leadis Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Leadis Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Leadis Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Leadis Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Leadis Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Leadis Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Leadis Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Leadis Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Leadis Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?