- The report contains detailed information about FEI Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FEI Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FEI Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FEI Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FEI Co. business.
About FEI Co.
FEI Company supplies instruments for nanoscale imaging, analysis and prototyping to enable research, development and manufacturing in a range of industrial, academic, and research institutional applications. The companys sales and service operations are conducted in the U.S. and approximately 50 other countries worldwide.
The company operates in the Electronics market segment, the Research and Industry market segment, the Life Sciences market segment, and the Service and Components market segment.
The Electronics market segment consists of customers in the semiconductor, data storage and related industries, such as manufacturers of solar panels and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Its products are used primarily in laboratories to speed new product development and increase yields by enabling 3D wafer metrology, defect analysis, root cause failure analysis and circuit edit for modifying device structures. In the data storage market, the companys products offer 3D metrology for thin film head processing and root cause failure analysis.
The Research and Industry market segment includes universities, public and private research laboratories, and customers in a range of industries, including automobiles, aerospace, forensics, metals, mining and petrochemicals. The companys solutions provide researchers and manufacturers with atomic-level resolution images and permit development, analysis and production of advanced products. Its products are also used in mineral concentration analysis, root cause failure analysis, and quality control applications.
The Life Sciences market segment includes universities, government laboratories, and research institutes engaged in biotech and life sciences applications, as well as pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies and hospitals. Its products ultra-high resolution imaging allows cell biologists and drug researchers to create detailed 3D reconstructions of complex biological structures. The companys products are also used in particle analysis and a range of pathology and quality control applications.
The Service and Components market segment provides support for products and customers for the entire life cycle of a tool from installation through the warranty period, and after warranty period through contract coverage or on a time and materials basis. Service and Components market segment provides support across all markets and all regions.
The companys products include focused ion beam systems, or FIBs; scanning electron microscopes, or SEMs; transmission electron microscopes, or TEMs; and DualBeam systems, which combine a FIB and SEM on a single platform.
The companys DualBeam systems include models that have wafer handling capability and are purchased by semiconductor and data storage manufacturers (wafer-level DualBeam systems) and models that have small stages and are sold to customers in various markets (small-stage DualBeam systems).
The companys suppliers are VDL Enabling Technologies Group, or ETG, AP Tech, Frencken Mechatronics B.V., Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and AZD Praha SRO for supply of mechanical parts and subassemblies; Gatan, Inc. for critical accessory products; and Neways Electronics, N.V. for electronic subassemblies.
The companys competitors, with respect to the manufacture and sale of equipment, include JEOL Ltd., Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, Seiko Instruments Inc., and Carl Zeiss SMT A.G.
FEI Company was founded in 1971.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FEI CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FEI CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FEI CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FEI CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FEI CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FEI Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FEI Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FEI Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FEI Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FEI Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. FEI CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FEI CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FEI CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FEI CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FEI CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FEI CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FEI Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FEI Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FEI Co. Major Shareholders
FEI Co. History
FEI Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FEI Co. Offices and Representations
FEI Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FEI Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FEI Co. Capital Market Snapshot
FEI Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
FEI Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FEI Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FEI Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FEI Co. 1-year Stock Charts
FEI Co. 5-year Stock Charts
FEI Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FEI Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FEI Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?