- The report contains detailed information about Exar Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Exar Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Exar Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Exar Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Exar Corp. business.
About Exar Corp.
Exar Corporation, a semiconductor company, designs, sub-contracts manufacturing, and sells silicon, software, and subsystem solutions for industrial, telecom, networking, and storage applications.
The companys product portfolio includes power management and interface components, datacom products, storage optimization solutions, network security, and applied service processors. Applying both analog and digital technologies, its products are deployed in an array of applications, such as portable electronic devices, set top boxes, digital video recorders, telecommunication systems, servers, enterprise storage systems, and industrial automation equipment.
The companys products are organized into four product lines, Datacom and Storage Products, Communication Products, Interface Products, and Power Management Products.
Datacom and Storage
The Datacom and Storage product portfolio provides a range of solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and IT organizations to transport data in next generation data centers. It provides various solutions to target optimization of the IT infrastructure. The companys product portfolio addresses these issues with a range of solutions:
10 Gigabit EthernetThe companys Neterion X3100 line of 10 Gigabit Ethernet NIC solutions provides 10 GbE server and storage connectivity coupled with advanced features. The Neterion products are supported by enterprise-class software with support for a range of operating systems and hypervisors in the industry.
Data Security and CompressionThe companys line of ASIC and Express PCI-Express add-in card solutions provide a range of functionality necessary for data encryption/authentication and data compression.
Data DeduplicationThe companys BitWackr is a solution for in-line data deduplication for primary storage applications. These solutions offload the computationally intensive tasks necessary from the host processor to allow implementations of the data deduplication function, as well as enabling data to be simultaneously compressed and encrypted for storage.
The companys communication products group designs, develops, and markets products for the transmission of digital data through global service provider networks. Conforming to international standards for the copper, fiber optic and wireless protocols, its portfolio of PDH, synchronous optical network (SONET), synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH), and OTN products enable the delivery of value added communication services.
T/E Carrier: The company offers a portfolio of T1 and E1 devices for twisted pair copper and DS3 and E3 devices for coaxial copper connections. Its range of T1/E1 devices includes short-haul and long-haul Line Interface Units (LIUs) and LIU/framer combinations that incorporate reconfigurable, relayless redundancy (Exar R3 Technology) with integrated termination resistors and jitter attenuation. In addition to T1/E1 solutions, the company has developed a portfolio of single- and multi-channel T3/E3 physical interface solutions with integrated LIU logic and jitter attenuation.
SONET/SDH: The companys portfolio of SONET/SDH products process data at speeds from 155Mb/s to 40Gb/s for the transport of digital data over fiber optic networks. Products include mixed signal Clock and Data Recovery (CDR), transceivers, protocol framers, and service mappers.
Optical Transport Networks (OTN): The company is developing a portfolio of products optimized for the mapping of Ethernet, SONET/SDH, OTN, video, storage and data services over high capacity OTN networks.
Carrier Ethernet Services: The company's portfolio of Ethernet over PDH (EoPDH), Ethernet over SONET/SDH (EoS), and Ethernet over OTN enable the mapping of Ethernet packets into flexible bandwidth transport networks.
The company provides universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) solutions, as well as synergistic serial transceiver devices into pervasive applications in industrial, telecommunications and consumer markets. Typical applications served by its serial communications products include point-of-sale (POS), process control, factory
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXAR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXAR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXAR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXAR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXAR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Exar Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Exar Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Exar Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Exar Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Exar Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. EXAR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXAR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXAR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXAR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXAR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXAR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Exar Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Exar Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Exar Corp. Major Shareholders
Exar Corp. History
Exar Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Exar Corp. Offices and Representations
Exar Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Exar Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Exar Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Exar Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Exar Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Exar Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Exar Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Exar Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Exar Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Exar Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Exar Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Exar Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?