- The report contains detailed information about Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nu Horizons Electronics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. business.
About Nu Horizons Electronics Corp.
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. engages in the distribution of active electronic components and passive electronic components principally to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) throughout North America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
The company's products can be divided into two general classes consisting of active electronic components and passive components. Its active and passive components are utilized by the electronics industry and other industries in the manufacture of various electronic products, including industrial instrumentation, computers and peripheral equipment, consumer electronics, telephone and telecommunications equipment, satellite communications equipment, cellular communications equipment, medical equipment, automotive electronics, and audio and video electronic equipment.
Active Electronic Components:
The company is a distributor of a range of active electronic components, including semiconductor products, such as memory chips, microprocessors, digital and linear circuits, microwave, RF and fiber-optic components, transistors, and diodes, as well as display, illumination, power, and system products, to commercial and military OEMs in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The company is a franchised distributor of active components for approximately 42 product lines. Significant franchised product lines include Atmel Corporation, Exar Corporation, Linear Technology Corporation, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Micrel Incorporated, Micron Technology, Inc., Renesas Technology Corp., ST Microelectronics N.V., Vitesse Semiconductor Corp., Standard Microsystems Corporation, and Xilinx Inc.
Additionally, the company distributes preeminent products from Sharp Corporation, Kyocera Corporation, and Toshiba Corporation for displays; and Emerson Electric Co. and Murata Manufacturing Co. for power solutions. It also distributes IBM Corporation, Alcatel-Lucent, and Oracle Corporation boards, servers, storage, and software to OEMs and certain value added resellers, and Alcatel-Lucent voice data and video communications to value-added resellers.
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary NIC Components Corp. (NIC) along with its majority-owned subsidiaries NIC Components Europe Limited (NIE) and NIC Components Asia PTE LTD (NIA), sell and market their products globally to electronic manufacturing services companies, distributors, and OEMs. The product line includes various capacitors, resistors, inductors, and circuit protection devices. By using a combination of direct sales personnel, independent sales representatives and distributors, NIC products have been designed into approximately 10,000 OEMs worldwide. NICs agreement with Nippon Industries Co. Ltd. (Japan) (Nippon) gives it sales rights of their brand in the Americas and a license for their brand globally.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets its products in various industry segments, both domestically and abroad, including industrial, telecom/datacom, medical instrumentation, microwave and RF, fiber-optic, consumer electronics, security and protection devices, office equipment, computers and computer peripherals, factory automation, and robotics.
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NU HORIZONS ELECTRONICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Major Shareholders
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. History
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Offices and Representations
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?