- The report contains detailed information about Value Line, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Value Line, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Value Line, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Value Line, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Value Line, Inc. business.
About Value Line, Inc.
Value Line, Inc. produces investment related periodical publications. The company makes available copyright data, its proprietary ranking system information and other proprietary information under agreements to third parties for use in selecting securities for third party marketed products, such as unit investment trusts, exchange traded funds, annuity products, and other investments. It also provides investment management services to the Value Line Mutual Funds (Value Line Funds), which consist of 14 mutual funds.
The company operates in two segments, Investment Periodicals, Related Publications and Copyright Data; and Investment Management.
INVESTMENT RELATED PERIODICALS & PUBLICATIONS
The company's wholly owned subsidiary, Value Line Publishing Inc. (VLP), offers investment related periodicals, which cover a range of investments, including stocks, mutual funds, options and convertible securities. The companys periodicals and related services are of interest to individual and professional investors, as well as to institutions, including municipalities and university libraries and investment firms. The services generally fall into four categories: comprehensive reference periodical publications, targeted periodical newsletters, investment analysis software, and current and historical financial databases.
The comprehensive services (The Value Line Investment Survey, The Value Line Investment Survey-Small and Mid-Cap Edition, The Value Line 600, and The Value Line Fund Advisor Plus) provide both statistical and text coverage of various investment securities, with an emphasis placed on the companys proprietary research, analysis and statistical rankings. The Value Line Investment Survey is the companys premier service published each week covering approximately 1,700 stocks.
The niche newsletters (Value Line Select, The Value Line Special Situations Service, The Value Line Fund Advisor, The Value Line Convertibles Survey and Value Line Daily Options Survey) provide information on a less comprehensive basis for securities that would be of interest to subscribers.
Investment analysis software (The Value Line Investment Analyzer and Mutual Fund Survey for Windows) includes data sorting and filtering tools. In addition, for institutional and professional subscribers, VLP offers current and historical financial databases (datafile, estimates & projections, convertibles, and mutual funds) via CD-ROM or online.
The company offers online versions of most of its products at its Web site, www.valueline.com. The companys primary online effort is The Value Line Research Center, which allows subscribers to access the company publications at a packaged price via the Internet.
The print and electronic services include the following:
The Value Line Investment Survey: The Value Line Investment Survey is a weekly investment related periodical that in addition to various articles on economic, financial, and investment matters ranks common stocks for future relative performance based primarily on computer-generated statistics of financial results and stock price performance. Two of the evaluations for covered stocks are Timeliness and Safety. Timeliness relates to the probable relative price performance of one stock over the next 6 to 12 months, as compared to the rest of the approximately 1,700 covered stocks. Rankings are updated each week and range from Rank 1 for the expected best performing stocks to Rank 5 for the expected poorest performers. Safety Ranks are a measure of risk and are based on the issuer's relative financial strength and its stock's price stability. Safety ranges from Rank 1 for the least risky stocks to Rank 5 for the riskiest. VLP employs analysts and statisticians who prepare articles of interest for each periodical and who evaluate stock performance and provide future earnings estimates and quarterly written evaluations with more frequent updates when relevant. The Value Line Investment Survey comprises three parts: The Summary & Index provides updated Timeliness and Safety ranks, selected financial data, and screens of key financial measures; the Ratings and Rep
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALUE LINE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALUE LINE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALUE LINE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALUE LINE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALUE LINE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Value Line, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Value Line, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Value Line, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Value Line, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Value Line, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VALUE LINE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALUE LINE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALUE LINE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALUE LINE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALUE LINE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALUE LINE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Value Line, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Value Line, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Value Line, Inc. Major Shareholders
Value Line, Inc. History
Value Line, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Value Line, Inc. Offices and Representations
Value Line, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Value Line, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Value Line, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Value Line, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Value Line, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Value Line, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Value Line, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Value Line, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Value Line, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Value Line, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Value Line, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Value Line, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?