- The report contains detailed information about Horizon Lines, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Horizon Lines, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Horizon Lines, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Horizon Lines, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Horizon Lines, Inc. business.
About Horizon Lines, Inc.
Horizon Lines, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides container shipping and integrated logistics services. The company's principal subsidiaries are Horizon Lines, LLC (Horizon Lines) and Horizon Logistics Holdings, LLC (Horizon Logistics).
The companys services are classified into two principal businesses, Horizon Lines and Horizon Logistics.
Horizon Lines, LLC
The company operates a Jones Act container shipping business with primary service to ports within the continental United States, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam. It also offers terminal services at certain ports.
The company owns or leases 20 vessels, 15 of which are fully qualified Jones Act vessels, and approximately 18,500 cargo containers. The company also provides shipping and logistics services in its markets. It has access to terminal facilities in each of its ports, operating its terminals in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico and contracting for terminal services in the seven ports in the continental U.S. and in the ports in Guam, Yantian and Xiamen, China, and Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
The company ships a spectrum of consumer and industrial items used every day in its markets, ranging from foodstuffs (refrigerated and non-refrigerated) to household goods and auto parts to building materials and various materials used in manufacturing.
Customers: The company has customer relationships with consumer and industrial products companies, such as Costco Wholesale Corporation; Johnson & Johnson; Lowes Companies, Inc.; Safeway, Inc.; Toyota Motor Corporation; and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. The company also serves various agencies of the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense and the U.S. Postal Service.
Competition: The companys competitors include TOTE, Matson Navigation Co, Sea Star Lines, Crowley, and Trailer Bridge, Inc.
Horizon Logistics Holdings, LLC
The company provides integrated logistics service offerings, including rail, trucking, warehousing, distribution, expedited logistics, and non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC) operations. It offers these services through relationships with affiliated and third-party truckers, railroads, and worldwide ocean carriers.
The company's service offerings are divided into the following categories: truck brokerage, offering less-than-truckload and full-truck-load services utilizing trucks owned by its affiliate, Sea-Logix, and a nationwide network of vans, flatbeds, and drop-deck trailers; non-vessel operating common carrier, offering small to medium sized shippers a solution for ocean shipping worldwide; rail, providing an alternative for less time sensitive delivery requirements; warehouse and distribution, consisting of centralized storage and other value-added distribution services including pick and pack, and expedited logistics, consisting of unique and expedited point-to-point service for customers with time sensitive delivery requirements.
The company operates a warehouse and cross-dock facility in Compton, California to offer integrated inbound and export logistics services to manufacturers and retailers. It also has a facility to offer an integrated distribution solution, including a port drayage service using Sea-Logix-owned and leased clean truck and transportation worker identification credential (TWIC) compliant fleet; air freight forwarding; transload for international import and export logistics; intermodal transportation management; value-added distribution services; and long-term storage as required by customers.
Horizon Lines, Inc. was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HORIZON LINES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HORIZON LINES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HORIZON LINES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HORIZON LINES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HORIZON LINES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Horizon Lines, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Horizon Lines, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Horizon Lines, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Horizon Lines, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Sea Transportation Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Horizon Lines, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HORIZON LINES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HORIZON LINES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HORIZON LINES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HORIZON LINES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HORIZON LINES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HORIZON LINES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Horizon Lines, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Horizon Lines, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Horizon Lines, Inc. Major Shareholders
Horizon Lines, Inc. History
Horizon Lines, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Horizon Lines, Inc. Offices and Representations
Horizon Lines, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Horizon Lines, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Horizon Lines, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Horizon Lines, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Sea Transportation Industry Statistics
Horizon Lines, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Horizon Lines, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Horizon Lines, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Horizon Lines, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Lines, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Horizon Lines, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Horizon Lines, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Lines, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?