- The report contains detailed information about John Wiley & Sons Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for John Wiley & Sons Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The John Wiley & Sons Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes John Wiley & Sons Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of John Wiley & Sons Inc. business.
About John Wiley & Sons Inc.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. operates as a publisher of print and electronic products, providing content and digital solutions to customers worldwide.
The companys core businesses produce the scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, online products, and services; professional and consumer books, subscription products, certification, and training materials, online applications and Web sites; and educational materials in all media, including integrated online teaching and learning resources.
Scientific, Technical, Medical, and Scholarly (STMS)
The company is a publisher for the scientific, technical, medical and scholarly communities worldwide, including academic, corporate, government, and public libraries; researchers; scientists; clinicians; engineers and technologists; scholarly and professional societies; and students and professors. STMS products include journals, books, major reference works, databases, and laboratory manuals. STMS publishing areas include the physical sciences, health sciences, social science, and humanities and life sciences. The companys STMS products are sold and distributed globally, online and in print through multiple channels, including research libraries and library consortia, independent subscription agents, direct sales to professional society members, bookstores, online booksellers and other customers. Publishing centers include Australia, Germany, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The company publishes the journals of various societies, including the American Cancer Society, the British Journal of Surgery Society, the Federation of European Biochemical Societies, the European Molecular Biology Organization, the American Anthropological Association, and the German Chemical Society.
STMS provides evidence-based medicine (EBM). EBM facilitates the management of patients through clinical expertise informed by practice evidence that is derived from medical literature. It intends to launch Wiley Online Library, which would host the multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, medicine, humanities, and social science. Wiley Online Library would completely replace Wiley InterScience, the companys online publishing platform for its scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly content.
Access to Wiley Online Library and Wiley InterScience is sold through licenses with institutional and corporate libraries, consortia and other academic, government, and corporate customers. The company offers a range of licensing options, including customized suites of journal publications for individual customer needs, as well as subscriptions for individual journal and online book publications.
The companys Professional/Trade business acquires, develops, and publishes books, subscription products and information services in media, in the subject areas of business, technology, architecture, cooking, psychology, education, travel, health, religion, consumer reference, pets, and general interest. Products are developed for worldwide distribution through multiple channels, including chains and online booksellers, independent bookstores, libraries, colleges and universities, warehouse clubs, corporations, direct marketing, and Web sites. The companys Professional/Trade customers are professionals, consumers, and students worldwide. Publishing centers include Australia, Canada, Germany, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The companys Professional/Trade brands include the For Dummies series, the Frommers and Unofficial Guide travel series, the Bible and Visual technology series, the CliffsNotes study guides, Websters New World dictionaries, and Betty Crocker and Weight Watchers cookbooks.
Professional/Trade alliance partners include General Mills, the Culinary Institute of America, Bloomberg Press, the American Institute of Architects, the Graduate Management Admission Council, the Leader to Leader Institute, Fisher Investments, Meredith Corporation, and Weight Watchers.
The company publishes educational
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. John Wiley & Sons Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of John Wiley & Sons Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of John Wiley & Sons Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. John Wiley & Sons Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. John Wiley & Sons Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOHN WILEY & SONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Major Shareholders
John Wiley & Sons Inc. History
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Offices and Representations
John Wiley & Sons Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
John Wiley & Sons Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
John Wiley & Sons Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
John Wiley & Sons Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
John Wiley & Sons Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
John Wiley & Sons Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?