- The report contains detailed information about John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. business.
About John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. engages in the processing and marketing of tree nuts and peanuts in the United States. The companys nuts are sold under various private labels and under the Fisher, Orchard Valley Harvest, and Sunshine Country brand names. It also markets, distributes, and manufactures or processes a product line of food and snack products, including peanut butter, natural snacks and trail mixes, sunflower seeds, sesame sticks, and other sesame snack products.
The companys principal products are raw and processed nuts. The nut product line includes peanuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, pecans, pistachios, filberts, cashews, English walnuts, black walnuts, pine nuts, and macadamia nuts. The companys nut products are sold in various package styles and sizes, from poly-cellophane packages, environmentally friendly packages, composite cans, vacuum packed tins and plastic jars for retail sales, to large cases and sacks for bulk sales to industrial and food service customers. In addition, it offers its nut products in various different styles and seasonings, including natural, blanched, oil roasted, dry roasted, unsalted, honey roasted, flavored, spicy, butter toffee, praline, and cinnamon toasted. The company sells its products to retailers and wholesalers as well as to industrial, food service and contract packaging customers. The company also sells certain of its products to foreign customers in the retail, food service and industrial markets.
The company manufactures and markets peanut butter in various sizes and varieties. It also markets and distributes, and in many cases processes and manufactures, an assortment of other food and snack products. These other products include snack mixes, salad toppings, natural snacks, trail mixes, dried fruit and chocolate and yogurt coated products sold to retailers and wholesalers; baking ingredients sold to retailers, wholesalers, industrial and food service customers; bulk food products sold to retail and food service customers; an assortment of sunflower seeds, snack mixes, almond butter, sesame sticks, and other sesame snack products sold to retail supermarkets, vending companies, mass merchandisers, and industrial customers; and various toppings for ice cream and yogurt sold to food service customers. The company processes and sells all major nut types consumed in the United States, including peanuts, pecans, cashews, walnuts, and almonds.
In May 2010, the company acquired Orchard Valley Harvest, Inc. (OVH), which supplies branded and private label nut and dried fruit products in the produce category.
The company sells its products to approximately 950 customers through the consumer, industrial, food service, contract packaging and export distribution channels. The consumer channel supplies nut-based products, including consumer-packaged and bulk products, to retailers across the United States. It sells products through the consumer channel under its Fisher, Orchard Valley Harvest, and Sunshine Country brands, as well as under its customers private brands. The industrial channel supplies nut-based products to other manufacturers to use as ingredients in their final food products. The food service channel produces nut-based products that are customized to the specifications of chefs, national restaurant chains, food service distributors, institutions and hotel kitchens. It sells products through the food service channel under its Fisher brand and its customers own brands. Its major customers include Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and Target Corporation. The companys products are sold through the major distribution channels to significant buyers of nuts, including food retailers, industrial users for food manufacturing, food service companies, and international customers
The company competes with Planters, Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. and Diamond Foods, Inc.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. was founded in 1959.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOHN B SANFILIPPO & SON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Major Shareholders
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. History
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Offices and Representations
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?