- The report contains detailed information about First Look Studios Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First Look Studios Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First Look Studios Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First Look Studios Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First Look Studios Inc. business.
About First Look Studios Inc.
First Look Studios, Inc. engages in the acquisition, production, distribution, and licensing of motion pictures and other programs in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The company distributes motion pictures directly to movie theaters throughout the U.S. It distributes DVDs and videocassettes of its motion pictures and specialty programs through rental and retail providers.
In addition to the films it releases theatrically each year, the company distributes on a direct-to-video basis approximately 30 motion pictures. The company directly distributes to the rental market through Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Movie Gallery and others as well as sells to mass merchants including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target and K-Mart. The company's DVDs are also available through Netflix and other on-line subscription services.
The company licenses distribution rights directly to various broadcasters including pay television services (HBO, Showtime and Encore), pay-per-view services (through Warner Bros. and other cable systems, On Demand and Direct TV), and basic cable services, (including USA, Sci-Fi, Spike, Turner, Lifetime, Oxygen, Bravo, the Independent Film Channel and others) as well as to individual stations (such as the ABC affiliate in New York City) or station groups (such as Tribune, Fox and CBS).
The company licenses distribution rights internationally in various media such as theatrical, video/DVD, pay television, free television, satellite and other rights to local territorial distributors on either an individual rights basis or grouped in combinations of rights. It licenses these rights to distributors in international territories either on a picture-by-picture basis or occasionally pursuant to output arrangements.
Film Library of Distribution Rights
As of December 31, 2005, the company owned or controlled various distribution rights to approximately 700 motion pictures, including approximately 75 motion pictures in which it owns an interest in the copyright. In addition to distribution rights for such traditional channels, the company often also owns or controls ancillary rights to the motion pictures in its library, including interactive rights, remake rights and merchandising rights, which may provide future sources of additional revenues.
The company's major customers include Anderson Merchandisers and Blockbuster Entertainment.
The company competes with film studios including: Universal Pictures, which includes Focus Features; Warner Bros., which includes New Line Cinema, Castle Rock Entertainment, Fine Line Features, Warner Independent Pictures and Picturehouse; Twentieth Century Fox, which includes Fox Searchlight Pictures; Sony Pictures Entertainment, which includes Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Classics; Metro-Goldwyn Mayer Pictures and United Artists Pictures; Paramount Pictures, which includes Paramount Classics and Dreamworks SKG; The Walt Disney Company, which includes The Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group: including Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, and Miramax Films. The company also competes with independent motion picture distribution, licensing and production companies including Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., The Weinstein Company, Genius Products, Inc., The Samuel Goldwyn Company and ThinkFilm.
First Look Studios, Inc. was incorporated in 1993 as Entertainment/Media Acquisition Corporation and changed its name to Overseas Filmgroup, Inc. in 1996. Further, it changed its name to First Look Media, Inc. in 2001 and to First Look Studios, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First Look Studios Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First Look Studios Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First Look Studios Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First Look Studios Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First Look Studios Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST LOOK STUDIOS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
First Look Studios Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First Look Studios Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First Look Studios Inc. Major Shareholders
First Look Studios Inc. History
First Look Studios Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First Look Studios Inc. Offices and Representations
First Look Studios Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First Look Studios Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First Look Studios Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
First Look Studios Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
First Look Studios Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First Look Studios Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
First Look Studios Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First Look Studios Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
First Look Studios Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
First Look Studios Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First Look Studios Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First Look Studios Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?