- The report contains detailed information about Madison Square Garden, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Madison Square Garden, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Madison Square Garden, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Madison Square Garden, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Madison Square Garden, Inc. business.
About Madison Square Garden, Inc.
Madison Square Garden, Inc. operates in the sports, entertainment, and media businesses.
The company operates in three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Entertainment and MSG Media.
MSG Sports segment
The companys sports business consists of owning and operating sports franchises, including the New York Knicks, a founding member of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the New York Rangers, one of the franchises of the National Hockey League (NHL). The company also owns and operates the New York Liberty of the Womens National Basketball Association (WNBA), and the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL), which is the primary player development team for the Rangers.
The Knicks, Rangers and Liberty play their home games at The Madison Square Garden Arena (which the company also refer to as The Garden). The companys sports business also features other sports properties, including the presentation of a variety of live sporting events, including professional boxing, college basketball (The Big East Tournament, Jimmy V Classic, Post-season NIT Finals and, on occasion, Duke University games), track and field (The Millrose Games) and tennis (The BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup, which features the women winners of the previous years Grand Slam tennis events).
MSG Entertainment segment
The company creates, produces, and/or presents various live productions, including the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, featuring the Radio City Rockettes (the Rockettes), which is the live holiday family show in America. The company also presents or hosts other live entertainment events, such as concerts, including shows by The Police, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffett, Bruce Springsteen, Justin Timberlake and Madonna; family shows, such as Dora the Explorer, Thomas the Tank Engine and Sesame Street Live; special events, such as the Tony Awards and appearances by the Dalai Lama; and theatrical productions, such as The Wizard of Oz and Annie, in its collection of venues. These venues include The Garden, Radio City Music Hall, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, The Chicago Theatre and the Wang Theatre.
MSG Media segment
The companys media business engages in production and content development for multiple distribution platforms, including content originating from its venues. This business consists of programming networks and interactive offerings, including the MSG Networks (MSG network, MSG Plus, MSG HD and MSG Plus HD) and the Fuse Networks (Fuse and Fuse HD). MSG Networks are home to seven professional sports teams: the New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Liberty, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Buffalo Sabres and New York Red Bulls, as well as to its original and other programming, including Summer of 77, The Mike DAntoni Show and MSG Originals, Big 12 and PAC 10 football, and ACC, Big East and PAC 10 basketball.
Programming on Fuse focuses on music-related programming, including coverage of premier artists, events and festivals, original content, and high profile concerts. Certain Fuse programming centers around its insider access to MSG Entertainment and Madison Square Gardens venues, which Fuse uses to create music programming, while offering a voice and enhanced exposure to artists.
The companys interactive businesses include a group of Websites (including msg.com, thegarden.com, radiocity.com, nyknicks.com, newyorkrangers.com and fuse.tv) and wireless, video on demand and digital platforms for all Madison Square Garden properties.
The company operates five venues in New York City and Chicago, which are either owned or operated under long-term leases, and have a long-term booking agreement with the Wang Theatre in Boston. Its New York City venues include the Madison Square Garden complex (which includes both The Garden and The Theater at Madison Square Garden), Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Theatre, and Chicago venue is the landmark Chicago Theatre.
The company competes with NBC, ABC, and CBS or FOX.
Madison Square Garden, Inc. was founded in 1874. It was formerly known as Madison Square Garden, L.P. and changed its name to Madison Square Garden, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Madison Square Garden, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Madison Square Garden, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Madison Square Garden, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Madison Square Garden, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Madison Square Garden, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Major Shareholders
Madison Square Garden, Inc. History
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Offices and Representations
Madison Square Garden, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Madison Square Garden, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Madison Square Garden, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Madison Square Garden, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Madison Square Garden, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Madison Square Garden, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?