- The report contains detailed information about Crown Media Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Crown Media Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Crown Media Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Crown Media Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Crown Media Holdings Inc. business.
About Crown Media Holdings Inc.
Crown Media Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, Crown Media United States, LLC, owns and operates pay television channels in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The company primarily operates the Hallmark Channel, the Hallmark Movie Channel, and the Hallmark Movie Channel HD that provide entertainment programming for adults and families.
The Hallmark Channel is a 24-hour television destination for family-friendly programming and produces original movies. The Hallmark Movie Channel is a 24-hour cable network allocated to offering viewers a collection of movies appropriate for the entire family. The Hallmark Movie Channel HD is simulcast alongside the Hallmark Movie Channel. The Hallmark Movie Channel offers a mix of Hallmark Channel original movies, classical theatrical films, and Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations. Its Channels are distributed in the United States of America and its territories and possessions, including Puerto Rico.
The Channels offer compelling stories, masterfully written, directed and produced with talented and recognized actors. The company has distribution agreements with pay television distributors.
The company distributes the Hallmark Channel through approximately 5,450 cable, satellite and other pay television distribution systems; and the Hallmark Movie Channel through approximately 800 such systems. As of December 31, 2009, the company had agreements with AT&T Inc. (U-verse), Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, Dish Network, Mediacom, the National Cable Television Cooperative, Time Warner, Verizon Communication (FiOS), and other pay television distributors, for the distribution of the Hallmark Channel. The company also has agreements with AT&T Inc. (U-verse), Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Dish Network, DirecTV, National Cable Televisions Cooperative (NCTC), Time Warner, Verizon Communications (FiOS) and other select distributors, which give these distributors the right to distribute the Hallmark Movie Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel HD. In addition, the company has agreements with telephone companies that have started to furnish video programming to consumers, including the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative and AT&T.
The companys Channels offer a range of entertainment programming for adults and families, including television series, movies, miniseries, theatricals, romances, literary classics, and contemporary stories. Sources for programming on its Channels include programming licensed from Buena Vista Television, CBS Television Distribution, Hallmark Hall of Fame, Paramount Pictures, RHI Entertainment Distribution, Twentieth Television, Warner Bros., and other third party producers.
The companys primary target demographics are women aged 25 to 54 and adults aged 25 to 54. Its programming is targeted to adults, but is appropriate for viewing by the entire family, which is major to viewers, advertisers and affiliates.
The Hallmark Channel competes with other general entertainment programming from TNT, USA Network, A&E, TV Land, Lifetime, Oxygen, ABC Family and other similarly targeted channels.
Crown Media Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Crown Media Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Crown Media Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Crown Media Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Crown Media Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Crown Media Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CROWN MEDIA HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Crown Media Holdings Inc. History
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Crown Media Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Crown Media Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Crown Media Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Crown Media Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Crown Media Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Crown Media Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?