- The report contains detailed information about Zygo Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zygo Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zygo Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zygo Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zygo Corp. business.
About Zygo Corp.
Zygo Corporation engages in the design, development, and manufacture of measurement solutions, and optical sub-systems and components for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and end-user applications.
The company operates with two divisions, Metrology Solutions Division and Optical Systems Division.
METROLOGY SOLUTIONS DIVISION
The Metrology Solutions Division serves the industrial and semiconductor markets by providing process control for surface shape, roughness, and film thickness, which are critical to its markets, and through product offerings that measure surface and material characteristics, such as roughness, figure, film thickness and transmitted wavefront of flat, spherical, and aspheric components.
The companys industrial market products serve the defense/aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, and commercial optics markets, as well as various other miscellaneous markets other than semiconductor. Industrial market products include measurement-based process control systems for defense and aerospace customers, and measurement-based process control and yield-enhancement systems for automotive, consumer electronics, and commercial optical customers.
The companys semiconductor product offerings include semiconductor metrology tools, OEM solutions, in-line automated yield improvement systems for both flat panel displays and advanced integrated circuit packaging manufacturing and technology development projects for the semiconductor capital equipment industry. Its displacement measurement systems are used in ultra-precise wafer positioning systems for the semiconductor capital equipment industry. In February 2008, the company acquired the assets of Solvision, Inc., a Canadian-based company, including its Singapore subsidiary, and entered the market for in-line inspection of flip chip substrates and integrated circuits (IC) packaging.
OPTICAL SYSTEMS DIVISION
The Optical Systems Division provides product development and manufacturing services that use various core technologies across medical, defense, semiconductor, laser fusion research, biomedical, and other industrial markets. This division produces high precision integrated optical systems and system-critical optical components for various applications that include medical laser delivery systems, U.S. Department of Defense (Defense Department) applications, 3D medical imaging, and semiconductor lithography.
The companys integrated system assembly operation for its Optical Systems Division located in Tucson, Arizona is a tier-one optical system assembly facility for high-precision, volume production. The company assembles and integrates devices ranging from medical laser delivery systems to 3D dental imaging to opto-electronic surveillance devices.
The companys integrated system design and prototyping operation, located in Costa Mesa, California, designs and manufactures prototypes utilizing multi-axis alignment, optical contact assembly, custom tooling, single point diamond turning, and its proprietary metrology equipment, such as those used to produce lithographic optical systems. The company also operates an optical fabrication and coating center located in its Middlefield, Connecticut facility.
The companys vertically integrated approach encompasses CNC glass machining and lightweighting, rotational and double-sided polishing, magneto rheological finishing polishing, and thin film coating, supported by its proprietary metrology equipment. It manufactures laser fusion optics and meter-class plano optics, including low aspect ratio and advanced materials, such as sapphire.
Markets, Products, and Customers
METROLOGY SOLUTIONS DIVISION
The company serves various areas of the semiconductor market, notably semiconductor manufacturers, and capital equipment suppliers, as well as the flat panel display and advanced semiconductor and integrated circuit packaging manufacturers.
Semiconductor Products: In June 2009, the company agreed to a supply agreement with Nanometrics Incorporated (Nanometrics), whereby it would supply interferometer sensors to Nanometrics for incorporation int
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZYGO CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZYGO CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZYGO CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZYGO CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZYGO CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zygo Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zygo Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zygo Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zygo Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zygo Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZYGO CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZYGO CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZYGO CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZYGO CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZYGO CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZYGO CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zygo Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zygo Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zygo Corp. Major Shareholders
Zygo Corp. History
Zygo Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zygo Corp. Offices and Representations
Zygo Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zygo Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zygo Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Zygo Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Zygo Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zygo Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zygo Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zygo Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Zygo Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Zygo Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zygo Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zygo Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?