- The report contains detailed information about WorldGate Communications, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WorldGate Communications, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WorldGate Communications, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WorldGate Communications, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WorldGate Communications, Inc. business.
About WorldGate Communications, Inc.
WorldGate Communications, Inc. provides digital voice and video phone services and next generation video phones. The company designs and develops digital video phones featuring two-way video. It also provides a digital voice and video communication services platform supplying back-end support services with a focus on customer service.
Product and Service
The company is in the process of redesigning, reengineering, and developing a video phone hardware and software platform that would support its video communications business. It is developing a next generation digital video phone platform.
The company offers its digital voice and video phone services to customers through service plans. Its plans include a range of features, such as call waiting, caller ID, call forwarding, voicemail and videomail; selecting a non-local U.S. area code for their telephone number for use with its service; using their telephone number to make and receive calls wherever a broadband Internet connection is available by using their video phone or analog telephone adaptor; viewing and managing accounts online, including feature management, call forwarding options and call activity logs; and receiving e-mail notification of a voicemail or videomail. The company has relationship with Kenmec Mechanical Engineering Co., Ltd. for the manufacture of its video phones.
Consumer Services: Customers in the Consumer Services segment include direct retail customers, agents, which include direct selling companies, online marketing and online retail marketing companies, electronic and retail stores, distribution companies with consumer service offerings, and wholesale customer groups who already operate a portion of the service infrastructure, including telecommunication companies, VoIP service providers and select vertical providers in the education and healthcare services markets.
OEM Direct: Customers in the OEM Direct segment include telecommunications service providers who already have a digital voice and video management and network infrastructure, such as incumbent service providers, competitive local exchange carriers, international telecom service providers, cable service providers and select vertical providers in the education and healthcare services markets.
The company targets telecommunications carriers and resellers. The company has a commercial relationship with ACN Digital Phone Service, LLC (ACN DPS) pursuant to which it agreed to design and sell video phones to ACN DPS. The company offers its Ojo video phones to CSDVRS LLC, a provider of telecommunications relay services. It offers video phones to Aequus Technologies Corp.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had sales offices in Trevose, Pennsylvania, Rochester, New York and Concord, North Carolina.
Business Phone Products: The companys main competitors include Cisco, Polycom, 8x8, Motion Media PLC, Grandstream, and Leadtek Research.
Video Conference Products: The companys main competitors include Cisco, D-Link Systems, Sony, Sorenson Media, and Polycom.
Web Cam Products: The companys competitors include Logitech, Intel, 3Com, Apple, and Creative Technology.
Incumbent Telephone Companies: The companys competitors include AT&T, Qwest Communications, Verizon Communications, CenturyLink, and Frontier Communications.
Cable Companies: The companys competitors include Cablevision, Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, and Time Warner Cable.
Wireless Telephone Companies: The company competes with wireless phone companies, such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless.
Alternative Voice Communication Providers: The company competes with Skype, iChat, MagicJack, ooma, and Google Voice.
WorldGate Communications, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WorldGate Communications, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WorldGate Communications, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WorldGate Communications, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WorldGate Communications, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WorldGate Communications, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WORLDGATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Major Shareholders
WorldGate Communications, Inc. History
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Offices and Representations
WorldGate Communications, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WorldGate Communications, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
WorldGate Communications, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
WorldGate Communications, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WorldGate Communications, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WorldGate Communications, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?