- The report contains detailed information about Discovery Communications, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Discovery Communications, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Discovery Communications, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Discovery Communications, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Discovery Communications, Inc. business.
About Discovery Communications, Inc.
Discovery Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a media and entertainment company worldwide. The company provides original and purchased programming across various distribution platforms in the United States and approximately 170 other countries, with approximately 100 television networks offering customized programming in 38 languages.
The company also develops and sells consumer and educational products and services, as well as media sound services in the U.S. and internationally. In addition, it owns and operates a diversified portfolio of Web site properties and other digital services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company managed and reported its operations in three segments: U.S. Networks, consisting principally of domestic cable and satellite television network programming, Web brands, and other digital services; International Networks, consisting principally of international cable and satellite television network programming; and Commerce, Education, and Other, consisting principally of e-commerce, catalog, sound production, and domestic licensing businesses.
The U.S. Networks segment delivers 11 cable and satellite television channels primarily in the U.S. The portfolio includes three channels that each reach approximately 95 million subscribers and five channels that each reach between 50 and 75 million subscribers.
The companys U.S. networks are wholly-owned except for Discovery Kids, which is operated through a 50-50 joint venture between the company and Hasbro, Inc. It owns and operates the Discovery Health Channel. The networks operated by the U.S. Networks segment consist of:
Discovery Channel: Discovery Channel reached approximately 100 million subscribers in the U.S. as of December 31, 2009. Discovery Channel is allocated to creating nonfiction content that informs and entertains viewers about the wonder and diversity of the world. The network offers a mix of genres, including science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places, and organizations that shape and share its world. Programming highlights on Discovery Channel include Deadliest Catch, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, Man Vs. Wild, Storm Chasers, Swamp Loggers, Pitchmen, and Colony. Discovery Channel is also home to specials and mini-series, including the critically acclaimed Planet Earth, When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions, and Discovering Ardi. Target viewers are adults ages 25-54, particularly men. Discovery Channel is simulcast in high definition (HD).
TLC: TLC reached approximately 99 million subscribers in the U.S. as of December 31, 2009. TLC also reached approximately 8 million subscribers in Canada. TLC features docu-series and reality-based programming about the lives of real-life extraordinary characters. Programming highlights on TLC include Cake Boss, Little Couple, What Not to Wear, Little People, Big World, Police Women of Broward County, Say Yes to the Dress, LA Ink, and 18 Kids and Counting. Target viewers are adults ages 18-49, particularly women.TLC is simulcast in HD.
Animal Planet: Animal Planet reached approximately 96 million subscribers in the U.S. as of December 31, 2009. Animal Planet provides a range of programming related to life in the animal kingdom with content that offers animal lovers and pet owners access to a centralized online, television, and mobile community for entertainment and information. Programming highlights on Animal Planet include Whale Wars, River Monsters, Im Alive, Monsters Inside Me, Pit Bulls, and Parolees and Dogs 101. Target viewers are adults ages 25-54. Animal Planet is simulcast in HD.
Discovery Health: Discovery Health reached approximately 74 million subscribers in the U.S. as of December 31, 2009. Discovery Health provides information that helps viewers better understand health and wellness issues. From pregnancy and parenting to diet and disease prevention, Discovery Health delivers real-life stories.
Discovery Kids: Discovery Kids reached approximately 51 million subscribers in the U.S. as of December 31, 2009. Discovery Kids allows kids of vario
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Discovery Communications, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Discovery Communications, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Discovery Communications, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Discovery Communications, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Discovery Communications, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Discovery Communications, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Discovery Communications, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Discovery Communications, Inc. Major Shareholders
Discovery Communications, Inc. History
Discovery Communications, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Discovery Communications, Inc. Offices and Representations
Discovery Communications, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Discovery Communications, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Discovery Communications, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Discovery Communications, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Discovery Communications, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Discovery Communications, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Discovery Communications, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Discovery Communications, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Discovery Communications, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Discovery Communications, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Discovery Communications, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Discovery Communications, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?