- The report contains detailed information about Viasystems Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Viasystems Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Viasystems Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Viasystems Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Viasystems Group Inc. business.
About Viasystems Group Inc.
Viasystems Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides multi-layer printed circuit boards (PCBs) and electro-mechanical solutions (EMS) worldwide.
The components the company manufactures include, or can be found in various commercial products, including automotive engine controls, hybrid converters, automotive electronics for navigation, safety, entertainment and anti-lock braking systems, telecommunications switching equipment, data networking equipment, computer storage equipment, electronic defense and aerospace systems, wind and solar energy applications and other industrial, medical and technical instruments. Its offering of E-M Solutions products and services includes component fabrication, component integration, and final system assembly and testing.
Printed Circuit Boards - PCBs serve as the foundation of electronic equipment, providing the circuitry and mounting surfaces necessary to interconnect discrete electronic components, such as integrated circuits, capacitors and resistors. PCBs consist of a pattern of electrical circuitry etched from copper and laminated to a board made of insulating material, thereby providing electrical interconnection between the components mounted onto them.
Electro-Mechanical Solutions - Electro-mechanical solutions include various products and services, primarily, including assembly of backplanes, custom and standard metal enclosures, cabinets, racks and sub racks, systems integration and assembly, final product testing and fulfillment.
Design and Prototyping Services - The company provides front-end engineering services, including custom enclosure design, circuit board layout and related design services. It offers quick-turn prototyping in Asia and the United States, which is the production of a new product sample.
Printed Circuit Board and Backpanel Fabrication - Printed circuit boards are platforms that connect semiconductors and other electronic components. Backpanels connect printed circuit boards. The company manufactures multi-layer printed circuit boards and backpanels on a low-volume, quick-turn basis, as well as on a high-volume production basis.
Backpanel Assembly - The company provides backpanel assemblies, which are manufactured by mounting interconnect devices, integrated circuits and other electronic components on a bare backpanel. The company also performs functional and in-circuit testing on assembled backpanels.
Printed Circuit Board Assembly - As a complement to its electro-mechanical solutions offering, the company manufactures printed circuit board assemblies. It integrates printed circuit board assemblies with other components as part of an electro-mechanical solution. In addition, it offers testing of assembled printed circuit boards and testing of the functions of the completed product, and it works with its customers to develop product-specific test strategies. The companys test capabilities include in-circuit tests, functional tests, environmental stress tests of board or system assemblies, and manufacturing defect analysis.
Custom Metal Enclosure Fabrication - The company involves in the manufacture of custom-designed chassis and enclosures primarily used in the telecommunications, industrial, medical, computer/data communications and wind power industries.
Full System Assembly and Test - The company provides system assembly services to customers from its facilities in China and Mexico. Its system assembly services involve combining custom metal enclosures and a range of subassemblies, including printed circuit board assemblies.
Packaging and Global Distribution - The company offers its customers just-in-time and build-to-order delivery programs, allowing product shipments to be coordinated with its customers' inventory requirements. It ships products directly into customers' distribution channels or directly to the end-user.
After-Sales Support - The company offers a range of after-sales support tailored to meet customer requirements, including product upgrades, engineering change management, field failure analysis and repair.
Supply Chain Management - The companys global supply chain organization works with customers and suppliers to meet production requirements and procure materials.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had six manufacturing facilities located outside the United States, with sales offices in Canada, Mexico, Asia, and throughout Europe.
Markets and Customers
The company provides products and services to approximately 800 original equipment manufactures. Its markets include automotive; industrial & instrumentation; medical, consumer, and other; telecommunications, and computer and datacommunications.
The companys OEM customers include Alcatel-Lucent SA, Autoliv, Inc., Bosch Group, Continental AG, Delphi Corporation, EMC Corporation, Ericsson AB, General Electric Company, Hewlett-Packard Company, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Siemens AG, Sun Microsystems, Inc., Tellabs, Inc., TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., Xyratex Ltd., Ciena Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Harris Communications, Motorola, Inc., Rockwell Collins, Silver Springs Network, Celestica, Inc., and Jabil Circuits, Inc.
Viasystems Group Inc. and Faraday Technology, Inc. are collaborating on demonstration of the FARADAYIC ElectroCell technology for the manufacture of printed circuit boards (PCBs) with high-density interconnect features and at high plating rates for improved productivity.
The companys primary direct competitors are Compeq Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Flextronics Corporation, Gold Circuit Electronics Ltd., Kingboard Chemical Holdings Ltd., LG Corp., Merix Corporation, Nanya Technology Corp., Sanmina-SCI Corp., and T Technologies, Inc.
The company was founded in 1996. It was formerly known as Circo Technologies, Inc. and changed its name to Viasystems Group, Inc. in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Viasystems Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Viasystems Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Viasystems Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Viasystems Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Viasystems Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIASYSTEMS GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Viasystems Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Viasystems Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Viasystems Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Viasystems Group Inc. History
Viasystems Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Viasystems Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Viasystems Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Viasystems Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Viasystems Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Viasystems Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Viasystems Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Viasystems Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Viasystems Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Viasystems Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Viasystems Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Viasystems Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Viasystems Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Viasystems Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?