- The report contains detailed information about Datatrend Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Datatrend Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Datatrend Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Datatrend Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Datatrend Services, Inc. business.
About Datatrend Services, Inc.
Datatrend Services Inc (the Company) was incorporated in New York in 1985 under the name of E & C Video Productions, Inc. The company's name was changed to Star Classics, Inc. in 1987 and then to Star Mark, Inc. in 1991. Effective in March of 1993, the Company changed its name to Babystar Inc. and was reincorporated in the state of Delaware. On November 14, 1995 the stockholders voted to approve a change of name from Babystar, Inc to Datatrend Services, Inc.
Acquisition of Datatrend, Inc: Effective on February 1, 1995, the Company acquired all of the capital stock of Datatrend, Inc (DTI) by merging a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company into DTI. DTI is a Massachusetts corporation incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in April 1993. DTI is engaged in the wholesale and retail distribution of new, used and refurbished computer hardware and components. DTI is also engaged in the business of servicing the returns management needs of certain computer manufacturers and resellers. Substantially all of the Company's business operations are currently conducted by its wholly owned subsidiary, DTI.
Principal Products or Services
The Company purchases and sells microcomputers, peripherals, components and accessories (collectively referred to as Products). The Company sells new, used and refurbished Products. The Company purchases completed new and used Products from numerous sources, including manufacturers and other re-sellers. The Products purchased consist of new Products, including end of life models, excess inventories, close outs and other such items. The Company also purchases incomplete, defective and returned products, which are refurbished or remanufactured in order to be resold for maximum value. The Company performs limited assembly, remanufacturing and refurbishing activities at its Braintree, Massachusetts and Memphis, Tennessee facilities and through certain other subcontractors. The Company has developed relationships with certain manufacturers whereby the company purchases large quantities of goods returned to the manufacturer by customers. The Company refurbishes and remarkets these Products through its distribution channels. The Company has been able to develop relationships with several large manufacturers, which has strengthened the Company's ability to obtain Products.
The Company also provides management services to manufacturers and resellers of certain Products. The Company's returns management services include consulting and services with respect to identifying and analyzing causes of returns, designing returns limitation programs and designing and instituting cost effective returns handling programs. The Company provides comprehensive returns management services, including, but not limited to, inbound audit of returned products, product reconditioning, product sanitization (retiring serial no, change model no etc), parts recycling and reclamation and other services relating to such programs such as data collection, analysis and reporting to assist in evaluating certain problems and trends in returned products. As a large part of this returns management service, the Company provides Product reconditioning services to manufacturers of computer products. The Company currently conducts its reconditioning operations at its Braintree, Massachusetts facility and also conducts certain reconditioning operations at a facility in Memphis, Tennessee.
The Company's major customer is Damark International, Inc (Damark).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Datatrend Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Datatrend Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Datatrend Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Datatrend Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Datatrend Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DATATREND SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Datatrend Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Datatrend Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Datatrend Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Datatrend Services, Inc. History
Datatrend Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Datatrend Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Datatrend Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Datatrend Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Datatrend Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Datatrend Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Datatrend Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Datatrend Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Datatrend Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Datatrend Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Datatrend Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Datatrend Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Datatrend Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Datatrend Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?