- The report contains detailed information about Socket Mobile, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Socket Mobile, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Socket Mobile, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Socket Mobile, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Socket Mobile, Inc. business.
About Socket Mobile, Inc.
Socket Mobile, Inc. produces mobile computing hardware systems for business and medical mobility markets. The company offers a family of handheld computer products and a range of data collection products. It also offers embedded Bluetooth and wireless LAN products.
The companys data collection peripheral products also work with third-party mobile handheld devices including smartphones, handheld computers, tablet computers, ultra-mobile personal computers (UMPCs), and notebooks, adding data collection and connectivity capabilities to these devices.
The companys products are classified into three product families, including mobile handheld computer products; mobile peripheral products for data collection and connectivity; and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) embedded products.
The companys mobile handheld computer products are designed to be dependable devices which meet the requirements of the healthcare and hospitality markets it serves. Its initial model, the SoMo 650 (SoMo is derived from Socket Mobile) features the Microsoft Windows Mobile Classic operating system, Versions 5.0 and 6.0 Windows Mobile. The SoMo's features include wireless LAN and Bluetooth, a processor, a bright screen display enabling its use outdoors, SDRAM and flash memory, extended battery life, programmable action buttons to activate peripheral devices, reinforced CompactFlash and SDIO card slots, and a case. The SoMo is available with multiple language support.
The company offers the SoMo 650 Rx Model with an antimicrobial additive incorporated into its plastic case for the healthcare market to reduce the risk of the spread of bacteria from the use of handheld devices in a healthcare environment. It also offers a SoMo 650 Dx Model without Bluetooth or wireless LAN for high security environments.
The company developed accessory products, such as a back pack to enable direct connections to mobile phone networks using network phone cards and a case to provide additional protection in the event the computer is dropped. In addition, it works with third-party accessory providers, who have qualified to make various accessory products that work with the SoMo family of products, including headsets, battery chargers, keyboards, and smartcard readers. The company is in the process of approving mobile printers for use with its products. Its mobile peripheral products consist of data collection, connectivity and serial interface products.
The companys data collection products enable the electronic collection of data from barcodes, radio frequency identification (RFID) tags, or magnetic stripes and consist of barcode scanning products that plug into or connect wirelessly to handheld computers, tablet computers, ultra-mobile personal computers, notebook computers and smartphones that use Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Windows 7/Vista/XP/Embedded, RIM Blackberry, or Nokia Symbian for E Series operating systems, and turn these devices into portable barcode scanners and RFID readers that can be used in various retail and industrial workplaces; its cordless hand scanner and cordless ring scanner may also be connected wirelessly to a desktop computer, enabling mobile barcode scanning around a fixed workstation; RFID plug-in products that read radio frequency identification tags; combination plug-in barcode scanner and RFID reader; and a plug-in magnetic stripe reader.
The companys plug-in and Bluetooth cordless data collection products offer a variety of data collection price/performance levels. Its plug-in barcode scanners are available in both CompactFlash and SDIO form factors and it offers Cordless Hand Scanners that use Bluetooth as the connection interface. The company also offers a ring scanner worn on the index finger, which connects via Bluetooth to computing systems.
The company developed barcode scanning and RFID reading software called SocketScan that supports its data collection products, and support software developer kits that assist third-party developers in integrating its SocketScan software and its hardware products into their applications and solutions.
The companys connectivity products are connecti
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Socket Mobile, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Socket Mobile, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Socket Mobile, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Socket Mobile, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Socket Mobile, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOCKET MOBILE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Socket Mobile, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Socket Mobile, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Socket Mobile, Inc. Major Shareholders
Socket Mobile, Inc. History
Socket Mobile, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Socket Mobile, Inc. Offices and Representations
Socket Mobile, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Socket Mobile, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Socket Mobile, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Socket Mobile, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Socket Mobile, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Socket Mobile, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Socket Mobile, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Socket Mobile, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Socket Mobile, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Socket Mobile, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Socket Mobile, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Socket Mobile, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?