- The report contains detailed information about Pace plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pace plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pace plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pace plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pace plc business.
About Pace plc
Pace Micro Technology plc engages in the design, development, and distribution of digital receivers and receiver decoders which provide a gateway for the reception of digital television and the reception/transmission of interactive services, telephony and high-speed data.
The company also provides support services and software applications to its set-top box customers. Each of these services is delivered over satellite, cable, terrestrial and IP network transmission systems. The companys digital set-top boxes have been installed in around 12.5 million consumer homes.
The company creates set-top boxes on more platforms. The Pace engineering teams works at bases in the U.K, U.S and France and Tata Elxsi in India. They design set-top boxes for operators and broadcasters who provide digital TV and interactive services on cable, satellite, terrestrial and telecommunications platforms.
The company supplies its set-top boxes to various digital TV broadcasters, operators and retail customers. Pace's solutions range from adapters, to digital television services, to personal video recorders and high definition set-top boxes.
The company launched its digital satellite service in 1995. Its satellite product range starts with basic adapter units such as the DTVA or the DS210, which its German customer Premiere is using for its satellite network.
Pace cable products have been used by service operators in the U.K. and U.S. to deliver digital television services. The companys solutions range from delivery of essential multichannel TV, to interactive services such as video-on-demand, e-commerce and high-speed data.
The DC210 and DC220 entry level series are targeted at operators such as the company's German customers Premiere and Kabel Deutschland. The company supplies its mid-range box, the Di4000 to the UKs cable operators Ntl and Telewest, the Di300 to Ntl in Ireland and US operators with its standard definition product the DC510.
In the U.S. the company has developed cable products, including the ground-breaking DC550 high definition box. It also engages in the development of its high definition set-top box for Motorola-based networks, the DC755.
For operators needing a more complex set-top box platform outside of the U.S., the company has completed development of the interactive DC610, with a DOCSIS cable modem.
Personal video recorders (PVR) and high definition (HD)
The company has built a significant knowledge base in these technologies through products such as Sky+ and the DC550 and all of its product roadmaps include options for PVR and HD.
Digital broadband media (DBM)
The company engages in the development of support for the video coding standards including MPEG4 Part 10 (H.264) and Microsoft Windows Media 9 (VC-9).
Digital terrestrial services are delivered through existing TV aerials. The company offers pay and free-to-air digital terrestrial products. In addition to its set-top box products, the company is working with a number of TV manufacturers to build its DTT technology into integrated digital televisions (iDTV), a particularly important move in markets where digital terrestrial is used for non-payTV services.
In September 2009, Pace plc has partnered with Viaccess. The new collaboration would enable Pace to take use of Viaccess' enhanced conditional access (CA) security solutions in advanced DTT, DTH and IPTV digital TV entertainment solutions for consumers across Europe.
The companys customers include Arab Radio and Television (ART), Bright House Networks, BSkyB, Canal+, Comcast Communications Inc., Foxtel, Kabel Deutschland GmbH (KDG), Kingston Communications, NTL, NTV-Plus, ONO, Premiere, Sky Italia, Sky (New Zealand), Star TV (Asia, India), Telewest Communications, Time Warner Cable and Viasat Broadcasting.
Pace Micro Technology plc, was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PACE PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PACE PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PACE PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PACE PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PACE PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pace plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pace plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pace plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pace plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pace plc Industry Position Analysis
6. PACE PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PACE PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PACE PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PACE PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PACE PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PACE PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pace plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pace plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pace plc Major Shareholders
Pace plc History
Pace plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pace plc Offices and Representations
Pace plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pace plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pace plc Capital Market Snapshot
Pace plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Pace plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pace plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pace plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pace plc 1-year Stock Charts
Pace plc 5-year Stock Charts
Pace plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pace plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pace plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?