- The report contains detailed information about Psion PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Psion PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Psion PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Psion PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Psion PLC business.
About Psion PLC
Psion plc provides enterprise wireless data communications systems, integration services and product support and maintenance to customers worldwide. The Company engages in the research, development, engineering, manufacture, marketing, and sale of mobile computing and wireless networking.
The company provides mobile computing devices and wireless local area networking solutions to enterprises through its operating business, Psion Teklogix.
Psion Teklogix provides solutions for mobile computing and wireless data collection. The company's integrated mobile computing solutions include rugged hardware, secure wireless networks, robust software, professional services and exceptional support programs.
Psion Teklogixs mobile data collection solutions for warehouse and distribution facilities mobilises enterprise information, allowing mobile workers to gather, enter and share data at the point of work.
HandHeld Devices: The hand-held product line consists of rugged, ergonomic devices designed for harsh industrial environments.
Network Management: Psion Teklogix network management software enables monitoring, configuration and software management of wireless infrastructures and maintains the peak performance of customers wireless network.
Printers: Psion Teklogix partners with Zebra Technologies to deliver innovative and reliable on-demand printing solutions to businesses and governments around the world. Zebra is provides thermal bar code label and receipt printers, card printers, RFID smart label printer/encoders, supplies, label design/integration software, and the widest range of thermal printer connectivity and networking solutions.
RFID: Psion Teklogix RFID products enable customers to significantly improve the efficiency and accuracy of their data collection, reduce the amount of direct labor required, and improve inventory and quality control. These include WORKABOUT PRO Hand-Held Computer; NETBOOK PRO Hand-Held Computer; netpad Hand-Held Computer; 8560 Vehicle-Mount Computer; and 8570 Vehicle Mount Computer.
Speech/Voice: Psion Teklogix provides complete voice-directed system of software and wearable computers combined with its implementation and support services. The voice system integrates easily with a warehouse management system providing real-time access to voice-directed application data.
Tablets: The tablet product line consists of rugged, ergonomic devices designed for harsh industrial environments.
Vehicle Mount: The vehicle-mount product line consists of rugged devices that are designed to withstand the harshest environments.
Wireless Infrastructure: Psion Teklogix wireless infrastructure products offer connectivity options, with a choice of radio technologies for real-time, near-time or batch capabilities. Psion Teklogix systems integrate with major software applications, including SAP R/3, ERP and web-based applications.
The companys Developer Resources area within Teknet offers valuable on-line information tools and powerful, time-saving service and support features, such as the Mobile Devices SDK's for its latest products, including the 7535 and NETBOOK PRO hand-held computers built on Microsoft Windows CE .NET. Software development kits (SDKs) and programming information are also available for EPOC and SIBO-based products. A Hardware development kit (HDK) is available for the WORKABOUT PRO.
Wireless Network Design, which includes Design Process Overview,Wireless Assessments, Predictive Modelling, Site Surveys, Network Consulting; Wireless Network Deployment; Project Management; Orders, including products and parts; Service Contracts; Repairs, including Product Upgrades; Technical Support, also including software developer support and remote monitoring; and Technical Education.
The two product families brought into production were the 7535 and the Workabout Pro.
The 7535 is a rugged handheld combined touch screen and keyboard device using Windows CE operating system that is ideal for application in harsh environments such as ports and warehouses. It is available in variants with accessories such as Radio Frequency Identifica
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PSION PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PSION PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PSION PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PSION PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PSION PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Psion PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Psion PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Psion PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Psion PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Psion PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. PSION PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PSION PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PSION PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PSION PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PSION PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PSION PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Psion PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Psion PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Psion PLC Major Shareholders
Psion PLC History
Psion PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Psion PLC Offices and Representations
Psion PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Psion PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Psion PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Psion PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Psion PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Psion PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Psion PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Psion PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Psion PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Psion PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Psion PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Psion PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?