- The report contains detailed information about First Solar, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First Solar, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First Solar, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First Solar, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First Solar, Inc. business.
About First Solar, Inc.
First Solar, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells solar modules with a thin film semiconductor technology. The company designs, constructs, and sells photovoltaic (PV) solar power systems.
The companys solar modules employ a thin layer of semiconductor material to convert sunlight into electricity. Its integrated solar power systems business includes project development, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services, operating and maintenance (O&M) services, and project finance expertise.
The companys segments include Components and Systems.
This segment designs, manufactures, and sells solar modules to solar project developers and system integrators.
Solar Modules: Each solar module is approximately 2ft × 4ft (60cm × 120cm) and had an average rated power of approximately 75 watts for 2009. The companys solar module is a single-junction polycrystalline thin film structure that uses cadmium telluride as the absorption layer and cadmium sulfide as the window layer.
Customers: During 2009, the company sold most of its solar modules to solar project developers and system integrators headquartered in Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. Its customers typically develop, construct, own, and operate solar power plants or sell turnkey solar power plants to end-users that include owners of land, owners of agricultural buildings, owners of commercial warehouses, offices and industrial buildings, public agencies, municipal government authorities, utility companies and financial investors that desire to own large scale solar power plant projects.
During 2009, principal customers of the companys components business were Blitzstrom GmbH, EDF EN Development, Gehrlicher Solar AG, Juwi Solar GmbH, and Phoenix Solar AG.
This segment provides a PV solar power system solution, which includes project development, EPC services, and O&M services.
The company owns the project development business of OptiSolar Inc., which included a multi-gigawatt project pipeline. It owns certain assets from Edison Mission Group's solar project development pipeline consisting of utility-scale solar projects located primarily on private land in California and the Southwest.
Customers: With respect to its systems business, the companys customers consist of investor owned utilities, independent power developers and producers, commercial and industrial companies, and other system owners who purchase completed solar power plants, EPC services and/or operation and maintenance services from it.
The company was founded in 1999. It was formerly known as First Solar Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to First Solar, Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST SOLAR, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST SOLAR, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST SOLAR, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST SOLAR, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST SOLAR, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First Solar, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First Solar, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First Solar, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First Solar, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First Solar, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST SOLAR, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST SOLAR, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST SOLAR, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST SOLAR, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST SOLAR, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST SOLAR, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
First Solar, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First Solar, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First Solar, Inc. Major Shareholders
First Solar, Inc. History
First Solar, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First Solar, Inc. Offices and Representations
First Solar, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First Solar, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First Solar, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
First Solar, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
First Solar, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First Solar, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
First Solar, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First Solar, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
First Solar, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
First Solar, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First Solar, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First Solar, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?