- The report contains detailed information about CEVA Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CEVA Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CEVA Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CEVA Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CEVA Inc. business.
About CEVA Inc.
CEVA, Inc. engages in the design and licensing of silicon intellectual property (SIP) primarily for the handsets, portable multimedia and consumer electronics markets.
The companys technologies include a family of programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores with a range of performance points; DSP-based subsystems, the essential hardware components integrated with the DSP core to form a System-on-Chip (SoC) design; and a portfolio of application-specific platforms, including multimedia (audio, video and image), voice (Voice over Internet Protocols (VoIP)), Bluetooth and Serial Storage technology (Serial ATA (SATA) and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)).
The companys technology is licensed to semiconductor and OEM companies worldwide. These companies incorporate its IP into application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and application-specific standard products (ASSPs) that they manufacture, market and sell to consumer electronics companies. The companys IP is primarily deployed in high volume markets, including handsets (GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/LTE/WiMax, CDMA and TD-SCDMA), mobile broadband (netbooks, eReaders, mobile Internet devices, tablets and smart metering equipment), portable multimedia (portable video players, MobileTVs, personal navigation devices, and MP3/MP4 players), home entertainment (DVD/Blu-ray players, set-top boxes and digital TVs), game consoles (portable and home systems), storage (hard disk drives and Solid Storage Devices (SSD)) and telecommunication devices (residential gateways, femtocells, VoIP phones and network infrastructure).
CEVA DSP Cores
The company markets a family of synthesizable, programmable DSP cores, each delivering a different balance of performance and power dissipation, thereby allowing customers to select a DSP core ideally suited for their target application. The company delivers its DSP cores in the form of a hardware description language definition (known as a soft core or a synthesizable core). The company provides development platforms, software development kits and software debug tools, which facilitate system design, debug and software development.
CEVA DSP-based Subsystems
The companys subsystems contain a collection of peripherals, such as on-chip data and program memory controllers, Direct Memory Access (DMA) controller, Buffered Time Division Multiplexing Port (BTDMP), high-throughput Host Processor Interface (HPI) and power management unit (PMU).
CEVA Application-Specific Platforms
CEVA application-specific platforms are a family of system solutions for a range of applications. The companys family of platforms spans multimedia (audio, video and image) and voice (VoIP). It also offers platforms solution for Bluetooth and high speed serial communications (SATA and SAS).
The company has sales offices and representation in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, Japan, Sweden, Israel and the United States.
The companys technologies are licensed and power to consumer electronics and semiconductor companies, including Broadcom, Ericsson, Freescale, Infineon, InterDigital, Intersil, Marvell, Mediatek, Mindspeed, NXP, Renesas, Samsung, Sequans, Sharp, Solomon Systech, Sony, Spreadtrum, ST Ericsson, Sunplus, VIA Telecom, and Zoran.
The companys competitors include ARC; Chips & Media; Hantro (acquired by On2); Imagination Technologies; Tensilica; ARM Holdings; Gennum; Snowbush IP Group; Silicon Image; Synopsys; ARM Holdings; MIPS Technologies; Verisilicon; Virage Logic; NXP; STMicroelectronics; Zoran; and Texas Instruments.
On June 9, 2010, MoSys, Inc. and CEVA, Inc. have partnered to deliver a joint PHY plus Controller solution for SATA 3.0, for both Host and Device side applications. The combined solution unleashes the full potential of embedding 6Gbps SATA interfaces in next generation products by leveraging MoSys' 6Gbps SerDes PHY and CEVA's SATA 3.0 Controller IP.
The company was founded in 1999. It was formerly known as ParthusCeva, Inc. and changed its name to CEVA, Inc. in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CEVA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CEVA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CEVA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CEVA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CEVA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CEVA Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CEVA Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CEVA Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CEVA Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CEVA Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CEVA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CEVA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CEVA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CEVA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CEVA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CEVA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CEVA Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CEVA Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CEVA Inc. Major Shareholders
CEVA Inc. History
CEVA Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CEVA Inc. Offices and Representations
CEVA Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CEVA Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CEVA Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CEVA Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
CEVA Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CEVA Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CEVA Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CEVA Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CEVA Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CEVA Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CEVA Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CEVA Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?