- The report contains detailed information about DTS Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DTS Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DTS Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DTS Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DTS Inc. business.
About DTS Inc.
DTS, Inc. provides entertainment technologies that are incorporated into a range of entertainment products.
The companys core DTS digital multi-channel audio technology enables the delivery and playback of surround sound and is used in a range of products applications, including audio/video receivers, DVD players, Blu-ray Disc players, personal computers (PCs), car audio products, video game consoles, home theater systems, digital media players or DMPs, set-top-boxes or STBs, and televisions. In addition, the company provides products and services to studios, radio and television broadcasters, game developers and other content creators to facilitate the inclusion of DTS-encoded soundtracks in movies, music, and broadcast entertainment content.
The company develops, markets, licenses, and sells its proprietary technology and services for various consumer markets, including home theater and consumer electronics devices, such as audio/video receivers, home-theater-in-a-box systems, DVD and Blu-ray Disc players; home media network devices, such as digital media players/adapters and network-enabled televisions;car audio and video devices, such as in-car infotainment systems (in dash audio, video and navigation);game consoles such as Sony's PS3, which has an internal Blu-ray Disc drive; personal computers, including software applications, PC-based hardware products for home theaters, some of which may use Blu-ray Disc drives; professional audio products for encoding and decoding digital multi-channel content in its proprietary format; audio signal processing software solutions for satellite digital audio radio services; audio encoding and enhancement tools for live sports broadcasting in North America; and emerging markets for digital audio, such as mobile phones, other portable media devices, and digital broadcast products/markets.
Products and Services
The company provides technology that enables digital multi-channel surround sound for home theater audio, car audio, gaming, personal computer software and hardware, professional audio, broadcast and other emerging segments of the consumer electronics market.
Coherent Acoustics Technology Specification
This proprietary technology specification introduced the concept of a forward looking codec with a core+extensions architecture focused on delivering multichannel audio. The core is a 5.1-channel 44.1 or 48 kHz DTS decoder, which was introduced as DTS Digital Surround.
DTS Digital Surround
DTS Digital Surround supports approximately 5.1 channels of audio at approximately 48kHz sampling rate and approximately 1.5Mbps bit rate. From a content perspective, DTS Digital Surround is an optional format in the DVD standard and was originally introduced on Laser disc and DTS's music discs (proprietary CDs).
DTS ES and DTS Neo:6
Utilizing the core + extension architecture of Coherent Acoustics, DTS expanded on the DTS Digital Surround offering to support two possible 6.1 channel configurations, including DTS Neo:6 matrix technology, which expands traditional surround content from 5.1 channels to 6.1 channels; and DTS ES, the solution for discrete 6.1 surround sound on DVD which adds a center back channel for added realism.
DTS Neo:6 is also offered as a product to convert stereo to 6.1 channels and is a building block for its other products Surround Sensation and Premium Suite.
DTS 96/24 is the extended definition format for DVD, which adds sampling rates (96 kHz) and bit resolution (24 bit) for better sounding audio, particularly with multi-channel music.
DTS-HD Audio Bundle
The DTS-HD Audio Bundle is made up of a primary decoder, a secondary decoder, and a transcoder. The transcoder consists of a DTS digital surround 1.5 Mbps encoder which re-encodes data from linear PCM (uncompressed audio) to DTS, ensuring backward compatibility to the installed base of approximately 80 million AVRs. DTS-HD Audio includes four levels of performance based on the capabilities of the home audio equipment used for playback.
DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS HD Master Audio is an extension of the Coherent Acoustics technology specification that provides appr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DTS Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DTS Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DTS Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DTS Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DTS Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DTS Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DTS Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DTS Inc. Major Shareholders
DTS Inc. History
DTS Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DTS Inc. Offices and Representations
DTS Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DTS Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DTS Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DTS Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
DTS Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DTS Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DTS Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DTS Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DTS Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DTS Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DTS Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DTS Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?