- The report contains detailed information about Gen-Probe Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gen-Probe Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gen-Probe Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gen-Probe Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gen-Probe Inc. business.
About Gen-Probe Inc.
Gen-Probe Incorporated engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of nucleic acid tests, or NATs, used primarily to diagnose human diseases and screen donated human blood.
The company markets a portfolio of products to detect infectious microorganisms, including those causing sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs, tuberculosis, strep throat, and other infections. Its clinical diagnostics products include APTIMA family of assays that are used to detect the common STDs chlamydia and gonorrhea.
In 2009, the company expanded its portfolio of products with acquisitions focused on transplant-related and respiratory diagnostics. Its transplant diagnostics business, which was obtained as part of acquisition of Tepnel Life Sciences plc, or Tepnel, offers diagnostics to help determine the compatibility between donors and recipients in tissue and organ transplants. Acquisition of Prodesse, Inc., or Prodesse, added a portfolio of real-time polymerase chain reaction, or real-time PCR, products for detecting influenza and other infectious organisms.
In December 2009, the company sold BioKits food safety testing business to Neogen Corporation. This business includes tests for food allergens, meat and fish speciation, and plant genetics.
The company has a presence in non-amplified NAT assays, particularly with respect to assays for the detection of chlamydia and gonorrhea, and has obtained FDA approvals for amplified STD tests to operate in that market category. It offers APTIMA Combo 2 assay; APTIMA CT; APTIMA GC assays; PACE family of assays; APTIMA Trichomonas ASRs; APTIMA HPV assay; and AccuProbe Group B Streptococcus (GBS) assay.
The company markets qualitative diagnostic tests designed to determine whether a target virus is present, and quantitative tests that are designed to determine the amount of the virus present in the sample being tested. It offers APTIMA HIV-1 assay, APTIMA HCV assay, and ASRs for quantitative HCV testing.
Other Infectious Diseases
The company, in October 2009, added assays for certain respiratory infectious diseases to its menu of products in this field, which includes Pro-Flu+, Pro-Flu ST, ProGastro Cd, AMPLIFIED MTD, and GAS Direct.
The company offers certain products in the transplant diagnostics field, including LIFECODES HLA DNA typing kits and LIFECODES LifeScreen antibody screening kits.
The company develops reagents and instrumentation for the blood donor screening market based on its core technologies. The principal blood screening products that the company has developed are Procleix HIV-1/ HCV assay, Procleix Ultrio assay, Procleix Ultrio Plus assay, and Procleix WNV assay.
The company develops instrumentation and software designed specifically for performing its NAT assays. It also sells instruments to Novartis for sale in the blood screening market. Its products include TIGRIS, DTS (Direct Tube Sampling) instrument systems, and PANTHER.
The company, in November 2006, CE-marked its PROGENSA PCA3 assay, allowing it to be marketed in the European Economic Area. This gene-based test is designed to detect the over expression of PCA3 mRNA in urine. It offers PROGENSA PCA3 and PCA3 ASRs.
The company is focused on NAT market opportunities in infectious diseases, including womens health, virology and other infectious diseases, transplant diagnostics, and blood screening.
The primary customers for clinical diagnostic products include large reference laboratories, public health institutions and hospitals. The companys main customer is Novartis. Its blood screening collaboration with Novartis is dependent on two customers in the United States, The American Red Cross and Americas Blood Centers.
Collaborations and Agreements
Co-Exclusive License from Stanford University
The company, in August 1988, obtained a license from Stanford University granting rights under specified patent applications covering certain nucleic acid amplification methods related to TMA. The company is t
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEN-PROBE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEN-PROBE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEN-PROBE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEN-PROBE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEN-PROBE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gen-Probe Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gen-Probe Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gen-Probe Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gen-Probe Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gen-Probe Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEN-PROBE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEN-PROBE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEN-PROBE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEN-PROBE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEN-PROBE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEN-PROBE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gen-Probe Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gen-Probe Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gen-Probe Inc. Major Shareholders
Gen-Probe Inc. History
Gen-Probe Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gen-Probe Inc. Offices and Representations
Gen-Probe Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gen-Probe Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gen-Probe Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Gen-Probe Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Gen-Probe Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gen-Probe Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gen-Probe Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gen-Probe Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Gen-Probe Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Gen-Probe Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gen-Probe Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gen-Probe Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?