- The report contains detailed information about Comtrex Systems Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Comtrex Systems Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Comtrex Systems Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Comtrex Systems Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Comtrex Systems Corp. business.
About Comtrex Systems Corp.
Comtrex Systems Corporation designs, develops, assembles and markets computer software and electronic terminals which provide target retailers with transaction processing, in-store controls and management information. The Company markets these products in Canada, France, Belgium, Holland, the Caribbean Islands and Spain, and through a wholly owned subsidiary in the United Kingdom. In the United States, the Company markets these products in Atlanta, Detroit and the greater Philadelphia area.
The Company's principal products are various software programs, point-of-sale (POS) terminals, printers, computers and peripheral devices which the Company integrates to provide complete systems to restaurants, both table service and quick service. The Company provides integration, customization and maintenance services on these systems for end users of the systems. The Company internally develops software programs which execute on POS terminals, and perform traditional cash register functionality. In addition, the Company internally develops software which executes on an in-store computer to provide enhanced reporting capabilities for its terminal systems and facilitate local and remote information transfer between computers and the Company's terminal systems. The Company also licenses various software programs from third parties which interact with the Company's own software to provide enhanced or additional functionality to the in-store computer.
The Company began deliveries of the PCS-5000 series in October of 1996. The product line is based on PC architecture, and generally available local-area-network technology. Included in the product line is an active matrix, LCD touch entry terminal, along with touch entry color CRT and a keyboard and CRT terminal. The PCS-5000 software addresses the needs of both the sit-down dining and the quick service market segments.
In February of 1999, the Company introduced the iTP series of POS terminals as a hardware component of the PCS-5000 system. In February of 2001, the Company introduced a replacement series of products, the Odyssey series of terminals. The Odyssey hardware series includes both an integrated terminal, including a Pentium class processor, and a stand-alone terminal. The hardware series is designed to operate both with the Company's current PCS-5000 software and the next generation software series scheduled for release in the second quarter of the year 2003.
The Company's Sprint terminal was first introduced in the year 1986, and was designed principally to be sold to quick service food outlets. The PCS-5000 software set provides substantially all of the operational and reporting capabilities of the Sprint series, and the PCS-5000 product series is being offered as the alternative, current product of the Company for quick service food outlets.
The Company has been engaged in a software design and development project for the past three years. The initial phase of this project was an entirely new suite of in-store back office software modules, which the Company markets as the Odyssey Software Suite. This back office software integrates both with the Company's PCS-5000 software set and serves as the foundation for the next generation of Windows point-of-sale software. The Company released the Odyssey Software Suite in November of 2001. The second phase of the design and development project is an entirely new, 32-bit Windows application software module for the point-of-sale function. Marketed as the Odyssey POS/2100, this software is currently installed in a customer site, in beta release.
Sales, Marketing and Distribution
The subsidiary company, Comtrex Systems Corporation LTD (Comtrex U.K.) looks after the foreign sales. The companys major customer in France is Restaurant Data Systems (RDS). The companys other major customers are ASK Restaurants and City Centre Group.
Comtrex Systems Corporation was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Comtrex Systems Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Comtrex Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Comtrex Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Comtrex Systems Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Comtrex Systems Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMTREX SYSTEMS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Comtrex Systems Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Comtrex Systems Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Comtrex Systems Corp. Major Shareholders
Comtrex Systems Corp. History
Comtrex Systems Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Comtrex Systems Corp. Offices and Representations
Comtrex Systems Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Comtrex Systems Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Comtrex Systems Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Comtrex Systems Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Comtrex Systems Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Comtrex Systems Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Comtrex Systems Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Comtrex Systems Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Comtrex Systems Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Comtrex Systems Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Comtrex Systems Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Comtrex Systems Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?