- The report contains detailed information about DragonWave Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DragonWave Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DragonWave Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DragonWave Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DragonWave Inc. business.
About DragonWave Inc.
DragonWave Inc. provides wireless Ethernet equipment used in emerging Internet protocol (IP) networks. The company designs, develops, markets, and sells proprietary, carrier-grade microwave radio frequency networking equipment, or links that wirelessly transmit broadband voice, video and other data between two points.
The companys wireless carrier-Ethernet links, which are based on a native Ethernet platform, function as a wireless extension to an existing fiber and global optic core telecommunications network. The principal application for its products is the backhaul function in a wireless communications network. Additional applications for its products include point-to-point transport applications in private networks, including municipal and enterprise applications.
The companys products principally perform the backhaul function in a communication service provider's network, connecting high-traffic points of aggregation, such as high-capacity wireless base stations (3G+ cellular, WiFi, WiMAX, Long-Term Evolution (LTE)) and out of territory enterprises to nodes on the fibre optic core network.
Products or Services
The companys line of wireless carrier-Ethernet links is marketed under the Horizon trade name. Its Horizon product line is carrier-grade and operates primarily in licensed spectrum bands to minimize interference. The company also offers its Service Delivery Unit (SDU) solution product line of time division multiplexing (TDM)-to-Ethernet multiplexer based on pseudowire technology, which enables its native Ethernet links to support the network traffic generated by emerging converged services based on IP, such as data access, voice over internet protocol (VoIP), and video streaming, as well as legacy TDM services.
Horizon Product Family
The companys Horizon product family is an Ethernet microwave portfolio and consists of Horizon Compact, Horizon Duo, and Horizon Quantum. Key features across its Horizon product line include adaptive modulation, ring/mesh support, advanced prioritization, jumbo frames, flow control, ATPC, and layer 2 transparency.
Horizon Compact: The companys Horizon Compact is designed integrate and improve the functionality of traditional wireless indoor and outdoor units into a single Gigabit Ethernet all-outdoor microwave transmission system. Horizon Compact offers scalability to 400 Mbps per channel, or 800 Mbps full duplex capacity using a single antenna with cross polarization. Horizon Compact operates in the 6 to 38 GHz licensed radio frequency.
Horizon Duo: The companys Horizon Duo product is a wireless indoor and outdoor split mount, high-availability Ethernet microwave transmission system that provides scalable, low-latency native Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Horizon Duo is a high capacity Ethernet microwave system that offers 1600 Mbps full duplex capacity. The high capacity of the Horizon Duo is optimized for core transport ring-and-mesh applications. Horizon Duo operates in the 11 to 38 GHz licensed radio frequency.
Horizon Quantum: In September 2009, the company launched its Horizon Quantum product in North America and in February 2010, the company launched Horizon Quantum in Europe. The company has designed Horizon Quantum to provide bandwidth capacity of approximately 4 Gbps per link. Horizon Quantum is a native Ethernet implementation supporting sub-0.1-ms latencies and is optimized for the rollout of LTE services. Horizon Quantum is a half-rack-unit device incorporating a Bandwidth Accelerator feature.
The company produces and supports its AirPair product line. It offers a new version of the AirPair product line, AirPair Release 4, which can scale up to 250 Mbps per carrier or up to 500 Mbps per link.
Service Delivery Unit (SDU)
The companys SDU product range incorporates pseudowire products that enable converged packet transport and TDM transport and eliminates intermediate cabling and complexity. The companys SDU product functionality includes 6XGigE ports, Ethernet switching, remote network management, prioritization, point-to-point pseudowire or hub-and-spoke functionality and includes its SDU-16 and SDU-155 products.
The company targets customers principally in the global communications service provider market, including broadband service providers and wireless service providers. In the broadband service provider market, its products are used to connect to the core of the network in both mature, developed markets as an extension or alternative to existing broadband infrastructure, and in emerging markets that possess limited broadband infrastructure as an alternative to deployment of wire-line infrastructure. In the wireless service provider market, its products are used by service providers that provide emerging high-capacity services to end-users. The company also targets other markets, including wireless extension of fixed-line networks to directly connect high-bandwidth end-customers to the core network, and private networks of multi-site organizations, such as fortune 500 enterprises, municipalities, and government organizations.
The company's major customer is Clearwire Corporation.
The company competes principally with Ceragon Networks Ltd. of Israel and Aviat Networks, Inc.
DragonWave Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DRAGONWAVE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DRAGONWAVE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DRAGONWAVE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DRAGONWAVE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DRAGONWAVE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DragonWave Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DragonWave Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DragonWave Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DragonWave Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DragonWave Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DRAGONWAVE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DRAGONWAVE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DRAGONWAVE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DRAGONWAVE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DRAGONWAVE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DRAGONWAVE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DragonWave Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DragonWave Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DragonWave Inc. Major Shareholders
DragonWave Inc. History
DragonWave Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DragonWave Inc. Offices and Representations
DragonWave Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DragonWave Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DragonWave Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DragonWave Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
DragonWave Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DragonWave Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DragonWave Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DragonWave Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DragonWave Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DragonWave Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DragonWave Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DragonWave Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?