- The report contains detailed information about Dolby Laboratories Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dolby Laboratories Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dolby Laboratories Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dolby Laboratories Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dolby Laboratories Inc. business.
About Dolby Laboratories Inc.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. develops and delivers products and technologies for the entertainment industry worldwide. The companys technologies are used in Digital Versatile Disc, or DVD, players and personal computer DVD playback software, digital televisions, set top boxes, portable media devices and in a range of consumer electronic products, such as gaming systems and audio/video receivers. Movie theatres and broadcasters around the world use its products.
The company designs, manufactures, and sells audio products for the motion picture, broadcast and music industries. The audio products are distributed in approximately 50 countries. It developed a digital cinema server, which loads, stores, decrypts, and decodes encrypted digital film files for presentation on digital projectors in theatres, as well a digital 3D product which provides 3D capabilities. It also offers traditional cinema processors, which movie theatres use to process film soundtracks, and to a lesser extent, sales of broadcast products used to encode and distribute content to viewers. The company also offers related digital cinema processors and media adapters to decode digital cinema soundtracks, and digital cinema accessories to interface its digital cinema servers with theaters existing automation systems.
The company licenses its technologies to media software vendors and manufacturers of consumer electronics products, including manufacturers of DVD players, Blu-ray players, DVD recorders, personal computers, digital televisions, mobile devices, video game consoles, set top boxes, home-theaters-in-a-box, camcorders, portable media devices, audio/video receivers, in-car entertainment systems and other consumer electronics products, as well as by selling its professional products and related services.
The company offers various services to support production of motion picture, broadcast, music and video game content. Its engineers work alongside filmmakers, television broadcasters, music producers and video game designers to help them use its products and technologies to create and reproduce the content they envision. The company typically enters into service agreements with motion picture studios or filmmakers in connection with the production of a particular film to provide them with production services related to the preparation of a Dolby soundtrack, such as equipment calibration, mixing room alignment and equalization. Under these agreements, it provides its encoders to the studios for use during sound mixing, enabling them to create films with Dolby soundtracks using its proprietary technologies. The company also provides professional film mastering services to prepare movies for digital release. In addition, it sometimes provide other services, for an additional charge, such as print checking and theatre system calibration for screenings, such as premieres, film festivals and press screenings. Its engineers also provide training, system design expertise and on-site technical expertise to cinema operators worldwide to help them configure their theatres.
Technologies and Products
The companys core technologies are signal processing systems that improve basic sound quality or enable surround sound in movie soundtracks, Blu-ray Discs, personal computers, digital televisions, mobile devices, video games, and satellite and cable broadcasts. It also focuses on developing and delivering new audio and video technologies that enhance the entertainment experience, including audio technologies for mobile devices and video technologies for digital 3D, digital cinema, and LED backlit LCD televisions.
Dolby Digital Dolby Digital is a digital audio coding format used to provide surround sound in theatres from 35 mm film and in the home from DVDs, digital terrestrial broadcast, and cable and satellite systems. Dolby Digital enables the storage and transmission of approximately five range audio channels, plus a low frequency effects channel.
Dolby Digital Surround EX Dolby Digital Surround EX adds a third surround channel to the Dolby Digital format. The third channel is reproduced by rear wall s
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dolby Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dolby Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dolby Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dolby Laboratories Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dolby Laboratories Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DOLBY LABORATORIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Major Shareholders
Dolby Laboratories Inc. History
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Offices and Representations
Dolby Laboratories Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dolby Laboratories Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dolby Laboratories Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dolby Laboratories Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dolby Laboratories Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dolby Laboratories Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?