- The report contains detailed information about Checkpoint Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Checkpoint Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Checkpoint Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Checkpoint Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Checkpoint Systems Inc. business.
About Checkpoint Systems Inc.
Checkpoint Systems, Inc. manufactures and markets identification, tracking, security, and merchandising solutions for the retail and apparel industry worldwide. The company provides solutions to brand, track, and secure goods for retailers, apparel manufacturers, and consumer product manufacturers worldwide.
The company is a provider of electronic article surveillance (EAS) systems and tags using radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetic (EM) technology, source tagging security solutions, secure merchandising solutions using RF and acoustic-magnetic (AM) technology, branding tags and labels for apparel. In Europe, the company provides retail display systems (RDS) and hand-held labeling systems (HLS). The company is also a provider and installer of store monitoring solutions, including fire alarms, intrusion alarms and digital video recorders for the retail environment in the U.S. Applications for tags and labels include brand identification, automatic identification (auto-ID), retail shrink management, fabric and woven tags and labels, and pricing and promotional labels.
The company operates through three segments: Shrink Management Solutions, Apparel Labeling Solutions, and Retail Merchandising Solutions.
SHRINK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
The companys business is providing shrink management and merchandise visibility solutions to retailers. The companys products facilitate the open display of merchandise. The company offers various EAS-RF and EAS-EM labels that provide security solutions that can be matched to specific retail requirements. Under its source tagging program, tags can be attached or embedded in products or packaging at the point-of-manufacture. Services range from full-color branding labels to tracking labels and, ultimately, fully-integrated labels that include an EAS or a RFID circuit. The installation of store monitoring solutions through its CheckView business includes fire, intrusion, and digital video recording systems. The company acquired its Alpha business in 2007. Alpha designs and manufactures high theft protection products.
Electronic Article Surveillance Systems
The company has designed EAS systems to act as a deterrent to prevent merchandise theft in retail stores. During early 2008, the company introduced EVOLVE, its shrink management platform and its suite of RF and RFID-enabled products. EVOLVE is compatible with its CheckPro data analysis software and its line of EAS labels and tags, as well as products of other suppliers.
The company offers various RF-EAS and EM-EAS solutions to meet the varied requirements of retail store configurations for multiple market segments worldwide. The companys EAS systems are primarily consisted of sensors and deactivation units, which respond to or act upon its tags and labels. The companys EAS products are designed and built to comply with applicable Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and European Community (EC) regulations governing RF, signal strengths, and other factors.
Electronic Article Surveillance Consumables
The company produces EAS-RF and EAS-EM labels that work in combination with its EAS systems to reduce merchandise theft in retail stores. With source tagging, EAS labels and hard tags are configured to the merchandise and specific security requirements of the customer and applied at the point of manufacture.
The company provides retailers with products engineered to protect high-theft merchandise. The product line consists of keepers, spider wraps, bottle security, and hard tags. Alpha introduced a new product, Showsafe, which is a line alarm system for protecting display merchandise. All Alpha products are available in AM, RF, or EM formats.
CheckView Video, Fire and Intrusion Systems
The company provides physical and electronic store monitoring solutions, including fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and digital video recording systems for retail environments. The companys video surveillance solutions address shoplifting and internal theft, as well as customer and employee safety and security needs. The product line consists of closed circuit television products and services, including
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Checkpoint Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Checkpoint Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Checkpoint Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Checkpoint Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Checkpoint Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Checkpoint Systems Inc. History
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Checkpoint Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Checkpoint Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Checkpoint Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Checkpoint Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Checkpoint Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Checkpoint Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?