- The report contains detailed information about Alpha Technologies Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alpha Technologies Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alpha Technologies Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alpha Technologies Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alpha Technologies Group Inc. business.
About Alpha Technologies Group Inc.
Alpha Technologies Group, Inc. (Alpha or the Company), incorporated in Texas in 1969, designs, extrudes, fabricates and sells thermal management and non-thermal fabricated products for use in a variety of industries including automotive, telecommunication, industrial controls, transportation, power supply, factory automation, consumer electronics, aerospace, defense and microprocessor industries. The Company extrudes aluminum for its use in the production of thermal management and non-thermal fabricated products and sells aluminum extrusions to a variety of industries including the construction, sporting goods and other leisure activity markets. Extruded aluminum is the primary raw material in the production of thermal management and non-thermal fabricated products.
The Company's business is conducted through its wholly-owned subsidiaries Wakefield Thermal Solutions, Inc. (Wakefield) which includes the Wakefield-Pelham, Wakefield-Fall River and Wakefield-Temecula divisions, Specialty Extrusion Corp. (Specialty) and Lockhart Industries, Inc. (Lockhart).
Extruded Heat Sinks: Heat sinks and heat sink assemblies designed for high power industrial applications, including transportation equipment; automotive, stereo amplifiers and others; bonded fin heat sinks used by makers of power supplies, transportation equipment and other industrial equipment.
Active Cooling Components: These products use air or liquid to dissipate heat. Air-to-air heat exchangers use fans to exchange heat with cooler air and are used in high-performance telecommunications, military and aerospace systems. These products also include sophisticated precision formed fin/fluxless vacuum brazed chassis, heat exchangers and cold plates used to cool and protect computer, radar and laser systems for the aerospace, military and commercial markets. Liquid cooling systems are used in applications which require the removal of significantly greater amounts of heat than can be achieved by air cooling.
Penguin Coolers: Heat sinks specifically designed to solve thermal problems for the latest high-speed microprocessors offered by major manufacturers. These products are used in personal computers and servers. Older versions of Penguin Coolers are used in embedded microprocessor applications. In addition, these products solve thermal problems for ASICs, ball grid arrays (BGA) and multichip modules.
Stamped and Low Power Heat Sinks: Heat sinks designed to dissipate heat generated by power semiconductors, transistors, rectifiers, diodes and other electronic components used in electronic applications. Typically, these are smaller components used on printed circuit boards.
Precision Compression Mounting Clamp Systems: These products are complete mounting clamp and heat sink assembly systems for proper installation, compression and cooling of high-power compression pack (SCR) silicon-controlled rectifiers. These products are used in industrial welding, transportation and motor control systems.
Accessory Products: The Company's accessories include high-performance thermal compounds, adhesives, interface materials and other accessories.
Aluminum Extrusions: The Company extrudes aluminum for its use in the production of thermal management products and sells aluminum extrusions to a variety of industries including the construction, sporting goods and other leisure activity markets.
Non Thermal Fabricated Products: The Company's non-thermal fabricated products include a variety of items such as van racks, steering wheel columns, recreational trailers, louvers, dampers and fencing which are sold for commercial, industrial, and residential use.
The principal customers for the Company's products are original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) and contract manufacturers (CM's) of electronic equipment, including: Harman, IBM, Flextronics, Solectron, Rockwell Automation, Lockheed Martin, General Electric, Delphi, SCI/Sanmina, Celestica and Raytheon. Harman International Industries, Inc. was the companys major customer for the year 2003.
In the thermal management products market, the Company's principal competitor is Aavid Thermal Technologies, Inc. In the non-thermal fabricated products and aluminum extrusion markets, the company competes with Alcoa Inc. and RD Werner Company, Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alpha Technologies Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alpha Technologies Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. History
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Technologies Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?