- The report contains detailed information about ADPT Corp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ADPT Corp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ADPT Corp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ADPT Corp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ADPT Corp business.
About ADPT Corp
ADPT Corp provides data center input/output solutions that protect, accelerate, optimize, and condition data in data center environments.
The companys products are used in IT environments ranging from traditional enterprise environments to on-demand cloud computing data centers. The companys products enable data center managers, channel partners and OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to deploy storage solutions to meet their customers evolving IT and business requirements.
The companys software and hardware products include Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASICs), Host Bus Adapter (HBAs), RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) controllers, Adaptec RAID software, storage management software, storage virtualization software and other solutions that span SCSI (Small Computer System Interface), SAS (Serial Attached SCSI), SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) and iSCSI interface technologies, including both hard disk and solid state drives.
The company provides data protection storage products and sells a range of storage technologies, including ASICs, board-level I/O and RAID controllers and software. The company sells these products directly to OEMs, ODMs (Original Design Manufacturers) that supply OEMs, system integrators, value added resellers (VARs) and end users through its network of distribution and reseller channels.
RAID Controllers and HBAs: The company offers a range of HBAs and RAID controllers for use with SATA, SAS and Parallel SCSI drives, including its line of Unified Serial cards, which can be used with both SATA and SAS drives, including Solid State Drives. The SATA and SAS technologies are offered in its Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 5 and Series 5Z families. The companys SATA products provide a solution for high capacity drives.
The companys controller cards include 4, 8, 16, 20 and 28-port designs, which help end users simplify the design of their solutions.
Host I/O: The companys host I/O products provide customers with high-speed PCI-X, PCIe, SCSI, SAS or SATA connectivity. These technologies can be applied to various applications, including storage of email, medical records, digital images, and records of financial transactions.
RSP: RSPs, which are related to its Aristos products, are ASIC devices incorporating a collection of hardware engines that fully automate the operation of the data path and eliminate the performance bottlenecks found in other silicon-based software RAID solutions. The companys primary markets include Blade Servers and External Storage applications.
Data Center Data Conditioning Features: The companys Intelligent Power Management technology allows users to reduce their power consumption without impacting storage performance providing a green footprint to public and private cloud data centers.
The companys products incorporate software that simplifies data management and protection for businesses of all sizes. The company distributes the software through various methods.
Host RAID: The company licenses its host RAID technology, which allows its customers to leverage the I/O components incorporated on their server chipsets to connect them with RAID-providing low cost data protection. Host RAID enables customers not only to protect their data drives but also to include protection for the boot drives.
The following software products are available in combination with hardware or can be purchased as an upgrade.
RAID: The companys RAID technology reduces a customers dependence on the reliability of a single disk drive by encoding data across multiple drives. The company applies its RAID technology independent of the disk drive interface to provide data protection on SCSI, SATA and SAS disk drives. This independence enables its RAID software, firmware and hardware to be available across the full spectrum of servers from entry to enterprise.
Adaptec Storage Manager: Adaptec Storage Manager is a single storage management utility that enables customers and IT managers to manage storage across DAS environments, create storage solutions and protect data (RAID) from disk drive failure.
Other Software: The company provides software development kits and command line interface tools to help simplify storage management and provide manufacturing tools to simplify the integration of its products into customer solutions.
Sales, Marketing and Customers
The companys primary OEM customers are Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel Corporation, and Super Micro Computer, Inc. The companys primary distributors are Bell Microproducts, CPI Computer Partner Handels GmbH, Ingram Micro, Synnex and Tech Data.
The company competes primarily with controller and HBA product offerings from Areca Technology Corporation and LSI Corporation, and several smaller suppliers in addition to ASIC product offerings from LSI Corporation, Marvell and PMC-Sierra.
The company was founded in 1981. It was formerly known as Adaptec, Inc. and changed its name to ADPT Corp in June 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADPT CORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADPT CORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADPT CORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADPT CORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADPT CORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ADPT Corp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ADPT Corp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ADPT Corp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ADPT Corp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ADPT Corp Industry Position Analysis
6. ADPT CORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADPT CORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADPT CORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADPT CORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADPT CORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADPT CORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ADPT Corp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ADPT Corp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ADPT Corp Major Shareholders
ADPT Corp History
ADPT Corp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ADPT Corp Offices and Representations
ADPT Corp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ADPT Corp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ADPT Corp Capital Market Snapshot
ADPT Corp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ADPT Corp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ADPT Corp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ADPT Corp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ADPT Corp 1-year Stock Charts
ADPT Corp 5-year Stock Charts
ADPT Corp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ADPT Corp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ADPT Corp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?