- The report contains detailed information about Microvision Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Microvision Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Microvision Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Microvision Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Microvision Inc. business.
About Microvision Inc.
Microvision, Inc. develops miniature display and imaging engines based upon its proprietary PicoP display engine platform. The companys technology platform combines two dimensional micro-electrical mechanical system (MEMS) light scanning technologies, lasers, optics, and electronics.
Products and Marketing Focus
Pico Projector Displays
The company has launched accessory pico projector. It is working with partners to develop small projector displays embedded into mobile products, called as pico projectors. Its PicoP display engine can meet the size, power, and performance requirements to be embedded into portable hand-held devices, including mobile phones or function as an accessory device that connects to a mobile video source, such as a personal media player, cell phone, or laptop computer.
In September 2009, the company launched the PicoP display engine-based accessory laser pico projector with three initial partners in the Asia-Pacific and Europe. In March 2010, the company expanded its distribution to the United States.
The company also sells SHOWWX units. The SHOWWX is a battery operated plug-and-play projector that can project a full color, WVGA (848 X 480 pixels), DVD quality image with vivid colors, and contrast that is always in focus.
The company has produced prototypes that demonstrate its PicoP's ability to project high-resolution images onto the windshield of an automobile, providing the driver with information related to the car's operation. The company has worked with various Tier 1 automotive suppliers to develop PicoP enabled head-up display (HUD) prototypes and market them to their original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. It has also developed a portable full color head-up display demonstrator powered by the PicoP display engine to showcase the capabilities of the PicoP display engine for potential use in automobiles, specialty vehicles, trucks, buses, and motor coaches.
The PicoP display engine can be modified and integrated with a light-weight optical design to create a full color near-eye wearable display platform. This wearable display platform could be in the form of ruggedized helmet mounted display systems or fashionable eyewear. The company is working with the U.S. military and commercial customers to further develop the optical design and integration of the PicoP display engine for military applications, such as helmet mounted displays and full color see-through eyewear. It intends to work with OEMs and system integrators to incorporate the PicoP display engine into integrated solutions for potential military and commercial customers.
Bar Code Scanners
The company markets its line of ROV hand held bar code scanners and bar code scanner enabled enterprise solutions. The ROV Scanner incorporates its proprietary MEMS technology and is designed to accommodate mobile workers who need data collection solutions on the mobile platforms of their choosing. The company distributes ROV Scanners directly to end users through value added resellers, original equipment manufacturers, and phone and Internet orders.
The companys competitors include companies, such as Texas Instruments Incorporated, 3M, and Light Blue Optics Ltd. in the pico projection display segment; and Siemens VDO and Nippon Seiki in the vehicle displays segment.
Microvision, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MICROVISION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MICROVISION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MICROVISION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MICROVISION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MICROVISION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Microvision Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Microvision Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Microvision Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Microvision Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Microvision Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MICROVISION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MICROVISION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MICROVISION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MICROVISION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MICROVISION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MICROVISION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Microvision Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Microvision Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Microvision Inc. Major Shareholders
Microvision Inc. History
Microvision Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Microvision Inc. Offices and Representations
Microvision Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Microvision Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Microvision Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Microvision Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Microvision Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Microvision Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Microvision Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Microvision Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Microvision Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Microvision Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Microvision Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Microvision Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?