- The report contains detailed information about Tropicana Entertainment Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tropicana Entertainment Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tropicana Entertainment Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tropicana Entertainment Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tropicana Entertainment Inc. business.
About Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. operates as a diversified, multi-jurisdictional gaming, and entertainment company.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Tropicana AC: Tropicana AC is situated on a 14-acre site with approximately 660 feet of ocean frontage along the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The property features 2,129 hotel rooms and suites, approximately 3,158 slot machines, approximately 135 table games, 35 poker tables and 13 restaurants and bars. The property also features The Quarter, a Havanathemed, approximately 200,000 square foot, Las Vegas-style indoor entertainment and retail center, including 15 restaurants, 25 shops and an IMAX theatre. Other amenities include a 2,000-seat theatrical showroom, a full service spa and salon, a health club and indoor pool, a beach and pool bar and approximately 120,000 square feet of convention space.
Casino Aztar: Casino Aztar is a casino hotel and entertainment complex located on approximately 20 acres along the Ohio River in Evansville. The property's casino operations are located on the three-deck City of Evansville riverboat. The casino features approximately 38,360 square feet of casino space, 894 slot machines, 34 table games, and 12 poker tables. Casino Aztar also features 2 distinctive hotels featuring a total of 347 hotel rooms. The Casino Aztar Hotel includes 251 guest rooms and suites, 1 restaurant, conference rooms and banquet facilities. The Le Merigot, a boutique 96-room hotel with an upscale martini lounge, Blush. The 44,000-square-foot pavilion adjacent to the riverboat features 3 restaurants, an entertainment lounge, a gift shop, cafe, and players club. The property also includes a seven-story parking garage and surface parking with a combined total of 2,100 parking spaces.
Competition: The company competes with French Lick Casino, Horseshoe Southern Indiana, Harrah's Metropolis, Harrah's St. Louis, Indiana Live, and Hoosier Park.
Tropicana Express: Tropicana Express is located on approximately 31-acre site on Casino Drive, Laughlin's principal thoroughfare, with a train theme prevalent throughout the property. Tropicana Express features approximately 969 slot machines, 20 table games, 6 poker tables, a race and sports book and 1,495 hotel rooms. Non-gaming amenities include a train-shaped, heated outdoor swimming pool, 7 restaurants, 3 full service bars, an entertainment lounge with live music, a premium lounge for players, a 800 seat multi-purpose show room and concert hall, meeting space, retail stores, an arcade and a covered parking structure. The property also features a working train for use by its patrons. The property remodeled 1,200 hotel rooms, including premium bedding and linen.
River Palms: River Palms is located on approximately 35-acre site also on Casino Drive, with approximately 1,300 feet of frontage on the Colorado River. River Palms features approximately 777 slot machines, 13 table games, a 200 seat bingo room and a sports book. Non-gaming amenities include 1,000 hotel rooms, 10,500 square feet of meeting and convention space, an outdoor pool, a full service spa and beauty salon, a fitness center, 3 restaurants, 3 full service bars, a nightclub/comedy club, 2 entertainment lounges with live music and a covered parking structure.
Competition: Tropicana Express and River Palms compete with casinos in nearby locations, including the Mojave tribe's casino situated eight miles south of Laughlin, Native American casinos in Arizona and California, and various casinos in Las Vegas. In the Laughlin market, the company competes with Aquarius Casino Resort.
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
MontBleu: MontBleu is situated on approximately 21 acres in South Lake Tahoe, across Highway 50 from the Tahoe Horizon and Edgewood Golf Club. The property features a 437-room hotel tower and approximately 45,000 square feet of casino space, with approximately 611 slot machines, 25 table games and 6 poker tables, as well as a race and sports book. The property also offers guests a choice of 3 restaurants and various non-gaming amenities, including retail shops, 2 nightclubs, a 1,500-seat showroom, approximatel
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tropicana Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tropicana Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Major Shareholders
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. History
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Offices and Representations
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?