- The report contains detailed information about Magna Entertainment Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Magna Entertainment Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Magna Entertainment Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Magna Entertainment Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Magna Entertainment Corp. business.
About Magna Entertainment Corp.
Magna Entertainment Corp. owns and operates horse racetracks in California, Florida, Maryland, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon, and Austria.
The company also supplies, via simulcasting, live racing content to the inter-track, off-track and account wagering markets. It operates or manages seven thoroughbred racetracks, one standardbred (harness racing) racetrack and two racetracks that run both thoroughbred and quarterhorse meets, as well as the simulcast wagering venues at these tracks.
The company operates off-track betting facilities, a United States national account wagering business known as XpressBet, which permits customers to place wagers by telephone and over the Internet on horse races at approximately 100 North American racetracks and internationally on races in Australia, South Africa, Dubai, Germany, the United Kingdom and Hong Kong, and a European account wagering service known as MagnaBet.
The company, in addition to making horse racing content available for both MEC and CDI, also makes such content available for third parties, including racetracks, off-track betting facilities, casinos and advance deposit wagering companies, and purchases horse racing content from third parties to be made available through CDI's and MEC's respective outlets.
The company, to support certain of thoroughbred racetracks, owns and operates thoroughbred training centers in Palm Beach County, Florida and in the Baltimore, Maryland area and, under a lease agreement, operates an additional thoroughbred training center situated near San Diego, California. It also owns and operates production facilities in Austria and in North Carolina for StreuFex, a straw-based horse bedding product.
Santa Anita Park
Santa Anita Park is situated on approximately 305 acres of land in the City of Arcadia, California, approximately 14 miles northeast of Los Angeles. Santa Anita Park's facilities include a large art deco-style grandstand structure with seating for approximately 19,000 customers, as well as standing room for additional customers, a one-mile oval dirt track, as well as a 7/8-mile turf course, stalls for approximately 2,000 horses and parking facilities sufficient to accommodate approximately 17,000 cars.
Gulfstream Park is located on approximately 250 acres of land in the cities of Hallandale and Aventura, between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale in Florida.
Golden Gate Fields
Golden Gate Fields is located on approximately 154 acres of land in the cities of Albany and Berkeley, California, approximately eight miles from Oakland and approximately 11 miles from San Francisco. Golden Gate Fields' facilities include a one-mile track and a 7/8-mile turf course, stalls for approximately 1,350 horses, a main grandstand with seating for approximately 8,000 customers, a Clubhouse with seating for approximately 4,500 customers, a Turf Club with seating for approximately 1,200 customers and parking for approximately 4,100 cars.
Laurel Park is located on approximately 236 acres of land in Laurel, Maryland, between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. Laurel Park's facilities include a grandstand with seating for approximately 5,200 customers, a 11/8-mile dirt track with a seven and one half-furlong chute, and a 7/8-mile turf course. Laurel Park has stalls for approximately 1,000 horses and parking facilities sufficient to accommodate approximately 8,000 cars.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie (Lone Star Park) operates thoroughbred and American quarter horse meets and is located on approximately 285 acres of land in the City of Grand Prairie, Texas, approximately 12 miles west of Dallas. In addition to its live racing facilities, Lone Star Park contains a 36,000 square foot simulcast pavilion, which operates year-round. Lone Star Park's facilities include a grandstand with seating for approximately 10,000 customers, a one-mile dirt track, a 7/8-mile turf track, stalls for approximately 1,600 horses and parking facilities sufficient to accommodate approximately 10,000 cars. In addition to its grandstand, clubhouse and turf club seating, Lone Star Park has
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Magna Entertainment Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Magna Entertainment Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Magna Entertainment Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Magna Entertainment Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Magna Entertainment Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAGNA ENTERTAINMENT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Magna Entertainment Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Magna Entertainment Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Magna Entertainment Corp. Major Shareholders
Magna Entertainment Corp. History
Magna Entertainment Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Magna Entertainment Corp. Offices and Representations
Magna Entertainment Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Magna Entertainment Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Magna Entertainment Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Magna Entertainment Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Magna Entertainment Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Magna Entertainment Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Magna Entertainment Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Magna Entertainment Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Magna Entertainment Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Magna Entertainment Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Magna Entertainment Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Magna Entertainment Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?