- The report contains detailed information about Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. business.
About Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. engages in the production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment, video-on-demand, and digitally delivered content.
The company has released approximately 15 motion pictures theatrically per year, which include films the company develops and produces in-house, as well as films that the company acquires from third parties. Additionally, the company has delivered approximately 75 hours of television programming on average, primarily prime time television series for the cable and broadcast networks.
The company distributes its library of approximately 8,000 motion picture titles and approximately 4,000 television episodes and programs directly to retailers, video rental stores, DVD rental kiosks, and pay and free television channels in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland, through various digital media platforms, and indirectly to other international markets through its subsidiaries and various third parties.
The company also distributes its library through its various platforms, including TV Guide Network, TV Guide Network On Demand and TV Guide Online (www.tvguide.com) (collectively, TV Guide Network), its joint ventures with One Equity Partners (OEP), the global private equity investment arm of JPMorgan Chase, N.A.; Studio 3 Partners LLC (EPIX), its joint venture with Viacom Inc. (Viacom), Paramount Pictures Corporation (Paramount), and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM); Tiger Gate Entertainment Limited (Tiger Gate), its joint venture with Saban Capital Group, Inc. (SCG); and Horror Entertainment, LLC (FEARnet), its joint venture with Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (Sony) and Comcast Corporation (Comcast).
Motion Pictures: The company engages in the film production with the intention of producing content that it can distributes to theatrical and ancillary markets, which include home video, pay and free television on-demand services and digital media platforms, both domestically and internationally.
Television: The companys television business consists of the development, production, and worldwide distribution of television productions, including television series, television movies and mini-series, and non-fiction programming. During the period ended March 31, 2010, it delivered approximately 111 episodes of domestic television programming. Domestic television programming may include one-hour and half-hour dramas, mini-series, animated series, and reality and non-fiction programming.
Animation: The company engages in the development, acquisition, production, and distribution of various animation projects for theatrical release, television, and DVD release.
Television Movies, Mini-Series, and Specials: The company engages in the development, acquisition, production, and distribution of television content in the movie-of-the-week, mini-series, and reality special formats.
Music: The companys music department oversees music for its theatrical and television slate, as well as the music needs of other areas within its company.
Domestic Theatrical Distribution: The company distributes motion pictures directly to United States movie theaters.
Mandate Pictures: The company's subsidiary, Mandate Pictures, LLC (Mandate Pictures), is a full service production and financing company. Mandate Pictures also maintains a partnership with Ghost House Pictures, which operates as a production label dedicated to the financing, development, and production of films in the horror/thriller genre.
Ancillary Markets: The company also licenses the right to non-theatrical uses of its films to distributors who in turn make a motion picture available to airlines, hotels, schools, oil rigs, public libraries, prisons, community groups, the armed forces, ships at sea, and others.
International Sales and Distribution: The primary components of its international business are the licensing and sale of rights in all media of its in-house theatrical titles; the licensing and sale of third party product on an agency basis; the licensing and sale of in-house catalog product
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Major Shareholders
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. History
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Offices and Representations
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?