- The report contains detailed information about Lakes Entertainment Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lakes Entertainment Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lakes Entertainment Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lakes Entertainment Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lakes Entertainment Inc. business.
About Lakes Entertainment Inc.
Lakes Entertainment, Inc. engages in the development, financing and management of Indian-owned casino properties. The companys other business activities include the potential development of non-Indian casinos and the development of new table games for licensing to both Tribal and non-Tribal casinos.
Indian Casino Business
The companys primary business is to develop and manage Indian-owned casino properties that offer the opportunity for long-term development of related entertainment facilities, including hotels, golf courses, theaters, recreational vehicle parks and other complementary amenities.
The company manages the Cimarron Casino for the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma, a federally recognized Indian Tribe, and the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma, a federally-chartered corporation (collectively, the Iowa Tribe) in Perkins, Oklahoma, under a seven-year management contract. The Cimarron Casino features approximately 370 electronic gaming machines.
The company has a five-year contract to manage, the Four Winds Casino Resort for the Pokagon Band in New Buffalo Township, Michigan near Interstate 94. The Four Winds Casino Resort is located near the first Interstate 94 exit in southwestern Michigan and approximately 75 miles east of Chicago. The facility features approximately 3,000 slot machines, 70 table games, a 12-table poker room, a 165-room hotel, five restaurants, 4 bars, a child care facility and arcade, retail space, and a parking garage.
The company has a contract to manage, the Red Hawk Casino that was built on the Rancheria of the Shingle Springs Tribe in El Dorado County, California, adjacent to U.S. Highway 50, approximately 30 miles east of Sacramento, California. Lakes began managing the Red Hawk Casino. The Red Hawk Casino features approximately 2,100 slot machines and gaming devices, 75 table games, five restaurants, 6 bars, retail space, a parking garage, a child care facility and arcade.
The company has contracts to develop and finance a casino to be built on the reservation of the Jamul Indian Village (the Jamul Tribe) located on State Highway 94, approximately 20 miles east of San Diego, California (the Jamul Casino).
The company has a consulting agreement and management contract with the Iowa Tribe in connection with developing, equipping and managing a casino resort, which is planned to be built near Route 66 and approximately 25 miles northeast of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (the Ioway Casino Resort). The Iowa Tribe is leasing and acquiring land from tribal members, which is held in trust for the individual tribal members by the United States Government.
Non-Indian Casino Business
The company also explores opportunities to develop and operate casinos that are not owned by Indian tribes.
In 2009, the company entered into a joint venture with the Chisholm Creek Casino Resort, LLC (Chisholm Creek) relating to an application to the Kansas Lottery Commission to develop and operate a casino project in south central Kansas.
In January 2010, Lakes entered into a Development Services and Management Agreement with Abston-McKay Ventures, LLC where Lakes agreed to perform certain development and management services for a potential casino to be located in Tunica, Mississippi.
A division of the company develops, buys, patents and licenses rights for new table game concepts to market/distribute and license to casinos. It tests and markets various games, including WPT All In HoldEm, Four The Money, and Bonus Craps. The WPT All In HoldEm game is operating in various casinos across the United States.
Real Estate Holdings
The company owns parcels of land in California and Oklahoma related to its Indian casino projects with the Jamul Tribe and the Iowa Tribe, in Minnesota related to its corporate offices, and in Mississippi related to a potential casino project.
The company was founded in 1998 under the name GCI Lakes, Inc. and changed its name to Lakes Gaming, Inc. in August 1998. Further, it changed its name to Lakes Entertainment, Inc. in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lakes Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lakes Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lakes Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lakes Entertainment Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lakes Entertainment Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LAKES ENTERTAINMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Major Shareholders
Lakes Entertainment Inc. History
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Offices and Representations
Lakes Entertainment Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lakes Entertainment Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lakes Entertainment Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lakes Entertainment Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lakes Entertainment Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lakes Entertainment Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?