- The report contains detailed information about IRIS International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IRIS International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IRIS International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IRIS International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IRIS International Inc. business.
About IRIS International Inc.
IRIS International, Inc. is an in vitro diagnostics company focused on products that analyze particles and living cell forms and structures, or morphology of a variety of body fluids.
The company is a provider of automated urine microscopy systems, with approximately 2,600 systems sold in approximately 50 countries. In this market, the company also provides integrated solutions comprising urine microscopy and urine chemistry products as well as consumable supplies, system support services, and sample preparation products.
The company has an active research and development platform in molecular diagnostics based on Nucleic Acid Detection Immunoassay, or NADiA, platform, which the company is in the process of developing for various applications in personalized diagnostics for oncology and infectious disease.
The companys commercialized products and product pipeline comprise three main categories: morphology, molecular diagnostics, and sample processing. The companys morphology category includes all urinalysis and hematology products consisting of its commercialized urine chemistry and microscopy products, as well as its development-stage products such as its 3GEMS urinalysis and hematology analyzers. The companys molecular diagnostics category consists of its development-stage products that utilize its NADiA technology for ultra-sensitive detection of proteins for monitoring cancer and infectious disease applications. The companys sample processing category develops and markets small centrifuges and other processing equipment and accessories for rapid specimen processing.
Morphology and Related Products
The companys morphology segment utilizes its proprietary imaging technology to identify cells and particles in a fully automated manner. In the urinalysis market, the company offers urine microscopy analyzers and related urine chemistry instruments. The company also develops an automated bacteria screening solution for its iQ analyzer to enhance its urinalysis offerings. As part of its 3GEMS Third Generation Morphology program, the company develops an urine microscopy analyzer and an image-based hematology analyzer.
Automated Urine Microscopy Analyzers
The companys main product is the family of iQ urine microscopy analyzers. As of December 31, 2009, the company has sold approximately 2,600 iQ analyzers. The companys technology enables high speed digital processing to classify and display images of microscopic particles in a graphical user interface.
The iQ microscopy product line comprises the iQ SELECT, a fully-automated instrument capable of analyzing 40 samples an hour and enabling partial automation at laboratory sites with lower test volumes; the iQ ELITE, a fully-automated instrument capable of analyzing 70 samples an hour that is appropriate for mid-sized hospital laboratories; and the iQ SPRINT, a fully-automated instrument capable of analyzing 101 samples an hour that is appropriate for large volume hospital and commercial laboratories. The company also offers the iQ Body Fluids Module as an addition to the iQ test menu, which enables the rapid diagnosis for the presence of nucleated cells, red blood cells, bacteria and crystals in body fluid samples.
Urine Chemistry Analyzers
The company markets its proprietary fully-automated urine chemistry analyzers, the iChem VELOCITY, in the international market and distributes fully-automated urine chemistry analyzers manufactured by ARKRAY, a Japanese IVD company, domestically. Both of these automated urine chemistry analyzers can connect to its iQ ELITE and iQ SPRINT automated urine microscopy analyzers and provide laboratories with walk-away solutions for chemistry and microscopy urinalysis with results combined and displayed in a single report. An iQ analyzer, combined with its iChem VELOCITY chemistry analyzer, forms the new iRICELL urinalysis workstation.
Internationally, the company began selling the iChem VELOCITY in September 2008 following CE Mark certification. The iChem VELOCITY is designed for medium to high volume laboratories that typically process approximately 100 urine chemistry samples per day. The compan
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IRIS International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IRIS International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IRIS International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IRIS International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IRIS International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IRIS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IRIS International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IRIS International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IRIS International Inc. Major Shareholders
IRIS International Inc. History
IRIS International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IRIS International Inc. Offices and Representations
IRIS International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IRIS International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IRIS International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
IRIS International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
IRIS International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IRIS International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IRIS International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IRIS International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
IRIS International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
IRIS International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IRIS International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IRIS International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?