- The report contains detailed information about Insite Vision Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Insite Vision Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Insite Vision Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Insite Vision Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Insite Vision Inc. business.
About Insite Vision Inc.
InSite Vision Incorporated, an ophthalmic product development company, focuses on advancing ophthalmic pharmaceutical products to address unmet eye care needs. The companys portfolio of ophthalmic pharmaceutical products is based on its DuraSite drug delivery technology.
The companys DuraSite sustained drug delivery technology is a synthetic polymer-based formulation designed to extend the residence time of a drug relative to conventional topical therapies. It enables topical delivery of a drug as a solution, gel or suspension and can be customized for delivering various drug candidates. The company may also utilize its DuraSite technology platform for the formulation of new ocular product candidates using either non-proprietary drugs or compounds originally developed by others for non-ophthalmic indications.
Products and Product Candidates
The DuraSite Product Family of Topical Anti-infectives and Product Candidates
AzaSite (azithromycin ophthalmic solution) 1% is a DuraSite formulation of azithromycin developed as an ocular antibiotic and approved to treat bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye). AzaSite is launched commercially in the United States by Inspire Pharmaceuticals (Inspire) for bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye). In the United States, its commercial partner, Inspire, focuses on ophthalmologists and optometrists who routinely treat eye infections.
Besivance (besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension) 0.6% is a DuraSite formulation of besifloxacin developed as an ocular antibiotic and approved to treat bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye). Besivance was developed by Bausch and Lomb Incorporated and commercially launched in 2009 in the United States.
ISV-502 is a fixed combination of azithromycin and dexamethasone in the DuraSite vehicle for the treatment of ocular inflammation and infection (blepharitis and/or blepharoconjunctivitis). The company has completed the Phase 3 trial of ISV-502 for blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitis.
ISV-305 is a DuraSite formulation of dexamethasone in development for the treatment of eye inflammation caused by infections, injury, surgery or other conditions.
ISV-303 is a DuraSite formulation of bromfenac in development for the treatment of post operative inflammation and eye pain in patients who have undergone cataract extraction. The company is preparing an investigational new drug application (IND) for this product candidate.
The company is in the early stages of developing ISV-405, a product candidate with a percentage of azithromycin as part of its formulation than with AzaSite. ISV-405 is being developed for the treatment of eye infections. ISV-405 is in preclinical development for the treatment of ocular infection for markets outside the United States.
Collaborative, Licensing, and Service Agreements
Shin Poong Pharm Co., Ltd.: The company has entered into an international licensing and distribution agreement for AzaSite with Shin Poong, Seoul, South Korea. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted rights to Shin Poong to commercialize AzaSite for ocular bacterial infection in South Korea.
Essex Bio-Technology: The company has entered into a licensing and distribution agreement for AzaSite with Essex Bio-Technology in the Peoples Republic of China. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted rights to Essex Bio-Technology to commercialize AzaSite for ocular bacterial infection in the Peoples Republic of China.
Nitten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.: In 2009, the company entered into a licensing and distribution agreement for AzaSite with Nitten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in Japan. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted rights to Nitten to commercialize AzaSite for ocular bacterial infection in Japan and Taiwan.
Pfizer Inc. and Pfizer Products, Inc: The company has entered into licensing agreement with Pfizer, under Pfizers patent family titled Method of Treating Eye Infections with Azithromycin for ocular anti-infective product candidates known as AzaSite and ISV-502. The company has the right to grant sublicenses, subject to Pfizers prior approval.
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent): The company has relationship with Catalent for the manufacture of AzaSite for international partners, as well as for other products in its pipeline.
Insite Vision Incorporated was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INSITE VISION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INSITE VISION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INSITE VISION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INSITE VISION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INSITE VISION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Insite Vision Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Insite Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Insite Vision Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Insite Vision Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Insite Vision Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INSITE VISION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INSITE VISION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INSITE VISION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INSITE VISION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INSITE VISION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INSITE VISION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Insite Vision Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Insite Vision Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Insite Vision Inc. Major Shareholders
Insite Vision Inc. History
Insite Vision Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Insite Vision Inc. Offices and Representations
Insite Vision Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Insite Vision Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Insite Vision Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Insite Vision Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Insite Vision Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Insite Vision Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Insite Vision Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Insite Vision Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Insite Vision Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Insite Vision Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Insite Vision Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Insite Vision Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?