- The report contains detailed information about Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bioject Medical Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. business.
About Bioject Medical Technologies Inc.
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. engages in the development and manufacture of needle-free injection therapy systems (NFITS) to pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Biojector 2000 system (B2000) consists of two components: a hand-held, reusable jet injector, and a sterile, single-use, disposable plastic syringe capable of delivering variable doses of medication up to 1.0 ml. The B2000 system is a refinement of jet injection technology that enables healthcare professionals to deliver measured variable doses of medication through the skin, either intramuscularly or subcutaneously, without a needle.
The first component of the system, the Biojector 2000, is a portable hand-held device. It is designed for use by healthcare professionals, and to be non-threatening to patients. The Biojector 2000 injector uses disposable CO2 cartridges as a power source. The second component of the system, the Biojector single-use disposable syringe, is provided in a sterile, peel-open package, and consists of a plastic, needle-free, variable dose syringe, Drug Reconstitution System (DRS or Vial Adapter) needle-free syringe filling device, which is used to fill the syringe, and a safety cap.
Drug Reconstitution System
The needle-free drug reconstitution system allows for the transfer of diluents to reconstitute powdered medications into liquid form and withdrawal of liquid medication into a syringe without the use of a needle. Its 13mm Vial Adapter has a polycarbonate spike design to draw up liquid medication and to reconstitute lyophilized (powdered) medication. It allows healthcare workers and patients to access medication without using a needle. The Vial Adapter fits single and multi-dose medication vials available in the U.S. and European markets, and is used in clinics and home healthcare throughout North America. While the Vial Adapter is an integral part of the needle-free syringe packaging for the Biojector 2000 needle-free injection system, it functions with any conventional syringe.
The Vitajet comprises two components, a portable injector unit and a disposable syringe. Vitajets regulatory labeling limits its use to the injection of Insulin. Vitajets regulatory labeling limits its use to the injection of insulin. A modified Vitajet, called the cool.click, has received regulatory clearance for injection of Serono Laboratories, Inc.s (Serono) human growth hormone Saizen and another modified Vitajet, called the SeroJet, has regulatory clearance for administering Seronos human growth hormone Serostim for the treatment of AIDS wasting. The Vetjet is a modified Vitajet for use in the veterinary market and is licensed to Merial Ltd. The Vitajet is offered in the modified versions of the cool.click, SeroJet, and Vetjet.
The ZetaJet is the companys needle-free delivery system. It consists of two components, the portable injector and an auto-disabling disposable syringe. The ZetaJet Needle-free Injection Therapy System is a spring-powered injection device. It is intended to deliver vaccines and injectable medications either subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
Products under Development
Iject: The Iject device is designed to be pre-filled and target the growing market for patients administering their own injections in the home.
Jupiter Jet: The Jupiter Jet is a pistol-shaped, or streamlined, ergonomic, gas-powered injection device being developed for patient and professional use. It is capable of delivering low doses of injectate (0.03 - 0.2 mL) at subcutaneous and intradermal injection depths. It is loaded using a standard, pre-filled (3 mL, 5 mL or 10 mL) vial or syringe.
In January 2010, the company has entered into a strategic alliance with MPI Research, a pre-clinical research organization in the development of injectable therapeutics. The strategic alliance creates a preferred partnership relationship, which allows the company to gain access to a range of capabilities and resources needed for the company to explore drug plus device opportunities, including access to pharmacologic, analytical, safety, and other preclinical testing resources available at MPI Research. The strategic alliance offers MPI Research the opportunity to provide its needle-free technology as an alternate delivery option to drug/biologic manufacturers.
The companys major customers include Merial Ltd.; Serono Laboratories, Inc.; and Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It also has a supply agreement with the U.S. federal government.
Bioject Medical Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOJECT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. History
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?