- The report contains detailed information about Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hemagen Diagnostics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. business.
About Hemagen Diagnostics Inc.
Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of proprietary medical diagnostic test kits and components.
The company has two different product lines, the Virgo line and the Analyst line.
Analyst System Products
The company markets four FDA 510(k) cleared rotor types for use on the Analyst clinical chemistry analyzer, two general chemistry rotors, a glucose test, and a lipid screen test. The Analyst is a proprietary bench top clinical chemistry instrument and reagent system. The Analyst instrument is used to test general chemistry profiles for both the human and veterinary markets using a proprietary consumable rotor. In addition, the company sells four rotors specifically designed for the veterinary marketplace: VET-16, VetFlex7, VetFlex, and T4 rotors.
The Virgo product line consist of various diagnostic test kits that are used to aid in the diagnosis of certain autoimmune and infectious diseases, using ELISA, Immunoflourescence, and hemagglutination technology. The Virgo product-line is marketed directly to reference laboratories, hospitals, and universities in the United States.
Immunofluorescence or IFA Products
The companys immunofluorescence products consist primarily of diagnostic assays for infectious diseases and various products for autoimmune diseases. Immunofluorescence kits are used as primary or confirmatory tests in clinical laboratories worldwide. It sells 15 kits in the immunofluorescence format. Its immunofluorescence products are used to aid in the diagnosis of the following diseases: cytomegalovirus, SLE (Lupus), connective tissue diseases, primary bilary cirrhosis, toxoplasmosis, syphilis, and RSV, and herpes simplex, german measles, chicken pox, epstein-barr virus (mononucleosis), chlamydia, measles, mumps, and autoimmune diseases.
The company develops, manufactures, and markets ELISA test kits for the detection of disease. Along with the immunofluorescence and hemagglutination assays, its ELISA kits test for specific antibodies. The quantitative or semi-quantitative test results give useful information about the stage and prevalence of a particular disease. ELISA tests are used by laboratories. Its autoimmune and infectious disease ELISA kits are used in the diagnosis of the following diseases:
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (Lupus), Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, Sjogrens Syndrome, Glomerulonephritis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wegeners Granulomatosis, Systemic Vasculitides, Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome, Venous and Arterial Thromboses, Thrombocytopenia, Recurrent Abortion, Toxoplasmosis, Rubella (German Measles), Cytomegalovirus Infections, Herpes simplex 1 & 2 Infections, Chagas Disease, and Varicella Zoster Infections (Chicken Pox & Shingles).
The company also develops specialized assays for quantitative analysis of the acute phase markers, specifically, C-Reactive Protein, and Serum Amyloid A. It also offers ELISA & Hemagglutination screening assays, capable of verifying the presence of six analytes in a single test. This is a useful tool in a patients initial assessment.
The companys hemagglutination assays are based on its proprietary technique to lyophilize (freeze dry), the RBCs which form the central component of a hemagglutination assay. Its proprietary lyophilization technique for the preservation of RBCs permits the production of standardized hemagglutination tests with an extended shelf-life. The shelf-life of the lyophilized RBCs before reconstitution may be up to 48 months.
Hemagens hemagglutination test kits aid in the diagnosis of the following diseases: SLE (Lupus), Dermatomyositis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Polymyositis, Sjögrens Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis), and Chagas Disease.
Sales and Marketing
The company grants both exclusive and non-exclusive distributorships, which cover limited geographic areas and specific test kits. It has relationships with approximately 30 distributors in various countries worldwide. It markets its Virgo product line in South America through its wholly owned subsidiary, Hemagen Diagnosticos Comerico, Importacao e Exportacao, Ltd. (HDC) in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The companys primary competitors in the market include Abaxis Inc.; Bion; Bio-Rad Laboratories; Corgenix Medical Corporation; Diamedix Corporation; Heska Corporation; IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.; Immco Diagnostics; INOVA Diagnostics, Inc.; and Trinity Biotech Plc.
Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEMAGEN DIAGNOSTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Major Shareholders
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. History
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Offices and Representations
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hemagen Diagnostics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?