- The report contains detailed information about Hansen Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hansen Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hansen Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hansen Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hansen Medical, Inc. business.
About Hansen Medical, Inc.
Hansen Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets medical robotics designed for accurate positioning, manipulation, and stable control of catheters and catheter-based technologies.
Sensei system: The companys Sensei system principally comprises two portable modules, a physician control console and a patient-side module that can be connected to most procedure tables. The companys robotics technology uses software and system control algorithms to command the motion of its Artisan catheter.
Artisan catheter: The companys disposable Artisan catheter and guide catheter assembly consists of a telescoping set of control catheters that are integrated to provide the desired motion of the tip of a diagnostic or therapeutic catheter that is inserted through the center lumen of the Artisan catheter. The companys disposable Artisan catheter and guide are designed to move together or independently, and can move with multiple degrees of freedom when attached to the robotically-controlled motors of its Sensei system.
CoHesion 3D Visualization Module: The companys CoHesion 3D Visualization Module, or CoHesion Module, is a software interface between its Sensei system and the St. Jude Medical EnSite System for EP procedures. It is designed to provide physicians with 3D visualization to augment their ability to move a catheter throughout the heart, as well as increase control over placement of the catheter in specific locations.
Collaboration with St. Jude
The company has a Joint Development Agreement and a Co-Marketing Agreement with the Atrial Fibrillation Division of St. Jude Medical, Inc., or St. Jude. Pursuant to the joint development agreement the company works together with St. Jude to develop certain mutually agreed-upon products. The first product developed under the joint development agreement is its CoHesion Module, a newly-integrated EP solution that offers physicians a software interface between its Sensei system and the St. Jude Medical EnSite System.
The EnSite system provides visualization and localization or detection of EP catheters in 3D space with in the heart chamber. The EnSite system is a computer-based technology marketed worldwide that facilitates EP procedures by creating real-time 3D graphical displays or maps of cardiac structures and arrhythmias. The EnSite System is used by EP clinicians during EP procedures to create 3D models of their patients cardiac anatomy and then to visualize catheters used in those procedures as they are navigated to critical anatomical targets. The system collects and organizes activation and voltage data from the inner surface of the heart, which allows physicians to visualize arrhythmias on the 3D model and determine a treatment strategy.
Collaboration with Philips
The company also has entered into agreements with Royal Philips Electronics, or Philips, to co-develop integrated products that simplify complex cardiac procedures to diagnose and treat arrhythmias.
In January 2010, the company entered into license agreement with Luna Innovations, Inc., or Luna. Under the license agreement, Luna granted it a co-exclusive (with Intuitive), royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual and irrevocable license to Lunas fiber optic shape sensing/localization technology within the medical robotics field.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets, sells, and supports products in the United States through a direct sales force of regional sales employees, supported by clinical account managers who provide training, clinical support and other services to its customers. Outside the United States, primarily in the European Union, the company uses a combination of a direct sales force and distributors to market, sell, and support its products. The company has established sales subsidiaries in the United Kingdom and Germany. The company has distribution agreements in Canada, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Portugal, Russia and Spain.
The companys customers fall into three categories: academic institutions; non-academic regional centers; and community hospitals.
The company obtains the motors for its Sensei system from a single supplier, Maxon Motor AG. Force Dimension Sarl, a single-source supplier, manufactures customized motion controllers that are also part of its Sensei system. The company has a purchase agreement with Plexus Services Corp., under which Plexus manufactures certain components for it.
On May 3, 2010, Hansen Medical, Inc. and Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Limited announced joint development and cooperation agreements to co-develop integrated products designed to help simplify complex cardiac procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
The company's competitors include Johnson & Johnson, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, Corindus, Inc., and Catheter Robotics, Inc.
Hansen Medical, Inc., formerly known as AutoCath, Inc., was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hansen Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hansen Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hansen Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hansen Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hansen Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HANSEN MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hansen Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hansen Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hansen Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
Hansen Medical, Inc. History
Hansen Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hansen Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
Hansen Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hansen Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hansen Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hansen Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Hansen Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hansen Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hansen Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hansen Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hansen Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hansen Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hansen Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hansen Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?