- The report contains detailed information about Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Palomar Medical Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. business.
About Palomar Medical Technologies Inc.
Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc. is a researcher and developer of aesthetic light-based systems for hair removal and other cosmetic procedures, including both lasers and high powered lamps.
The company researches, develops, manufactures, markets, sells, and services light-based products used to perform procedures addressing medical and cosmetic concerns. The company offers a range of products based on proprietary technologies that include hair removal; body sculpting, including laser-assisted liposuction; removal of vascular lesions such as rosacea, spider veins, port wine stains and hemangiomas; wrinkle reduction; removal of leg veins; removal of benign pigmented lesions such as age and sun spots, freckles and melasma; tattoo removal; acne treatment; skin resurfacing; treatment of red pigmentation in hypertrophic and keloid scars; treatment of verrucae, skin tags, seborrheic keratosis; skin tightening through soft tissue coagulation; scars, including acne scars, stretch marks and warts; soft tissue coagulation; and other skin treatments.
The StarLux 500 supports the suite of StarLux handpieces, as well as several handpieces, the LuxDeepIR handpiece and the LuxYs handpiece, and two new handpieces, the Lux2940 fractional handpiece for ablative treatment and the Lux1440 fractional handpiece for non-ablative treatment. In 2009, the company announced the LuxPowR handpiece for improved hair clearance on finer facial hair. In 2009, the company also announced the XD Optic for the Lux1540 and Lux1440. The XD Optic provides compression technology for extra depth of treatment.
In November 2009, the company introduced the Groove Optic for the Lux2940 which creates a grooved injury pattern on the skin that increases ablative tissue coverage while preserving the uses of the fractional approach. Also in 2009, the company introduced the LuxMaxG providing enhanced power for closure of difficult facial vessels.
The Lux platform enables the company to modify products to fit any professional medical office or spa location and provide customers with the comfort that the system is able to grow with their practice.
The LuxY handpiece is used for hair removal for large body areas and for pigmented lesion treatments. The LuxG handpiece delivers the RejuveLux process - photofacial treatments that remove pigmented and vascular lesions to improve skin tone and texture. The LuxR handpiece can be used to remove hair on all skin types, from the fairest to the darkest, including deep tans. Likewise, the LuxRs handpiece can be used to remove hair on all skin types, but it has concentrated power in each pulse resulting in permanent hair reduction in fewer treatments. The LuxB handpiece provides treatment of lighter pigmented lesions on fair skin as well as leg and spider veins, and the LuxV handpiece treats pigmented lesions and mild to moderate acne.
In March 2003, the company launched the Palomar MediLux Pulsed Light System with the six handpieces also available on the EsteLux.
In February 2004, the company launched the StarLux 300 Laser and Pulsed Light System, and in June 2004, the company began shipping this system. The StarLux has a single power supply capable of operating both lasers and lamps. The StarLux 300 includes active contact cooling and a full color touch screen for operation. The StarLux 300 operates five of the EsteLux / MediLux handpieces, namely the LuxY, LuxG, LuxR, LuxRs, and LuxV. In addition, the increased power of the StarLux 300 allows for the operation of a long pulse Nd:YAG laser handpiece, the Lux1064. In January 2005, the Lux1064 laser handpiece received FDA clearance for various applications, including but not limited to removal of pigmented and vascular lesions, including visible leg veins. The Lux1064 is a high power laser handpiece featuring Smooth Pulse technology and Active Contact Cooling while also providing multiple spot sizes.
In February 2007, the company launched the StarLux 500 Laser and Pulsed Light System. The StarLux 500 operates all the handpieces available for the StarLux 300 System as well as the LuxDeepIR handpiece. The LuxDeepIR Fractional handpiece is an upgrade of the LuxIR Fractional handpiece and includes cooling, contact sensors and longer pulse duration. In 2009, the company introduced the LuxMaxG providing enhanced power for closure of more difficult facial vessels.
In 2009, the company completed the full launch of the Aspire body sculpting system and SlimLipo handpiece. The SlimLipo handpiece is its first minimally invasive product and provides laser-assisted lipolysis during liposuction procedures. The SlimLipo handpiece is used to melt unwanted fat by selectively targeting adipose tissue. The SlimLipo handpiece also offers tremendous benefits to physicians, including less fatigue as the SlimLipo treatment tip moves through treatment areas, even fibrous tissue. Physicians can also treat patients in areas that are not nor
Q-YAG 5: During 2001, the company received FDA clearance to market and sell the Palomar Q-YAG 5 system for tattoo and pigmented lesion removal. The Palomar Q-YAG 5 is a Q-switched, frequency-doubled Neodymium laser.
The companys competitors include Cutera, Inc.; Cynosure, Inc.; Solta Medical, Inc.; Syneron, Inc.; Lumenis, Inc.; Alma, Inc.
Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. History
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?