- The report contains detailed information about Biolase Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Biolase Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Biolase Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Biolase Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Biolase Technology, Inc. business.
About Biolase Technology, Inc.
Biolase Technology, Inc., a medical technology company, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of lasers, related products, and services focused on technologies for applications and procedures in dentistry and medicine.
The company's Waterlase Dentistry solution is a group of products, including dental laser systems that allow general dentists, periodontists, endodontists, oral surgeons, and other specialists to perform a range of dental procedures, including cosmetic and surgical applications. The Waterlase Dentistry solution offers two categories of laser system products: its Waterlase family of products and its Diode family of products which includes its ezlase and iLase systems, as well as related consumables, training and services. In addition to products developed for the dental market, in 2009, the company introduced its first product outside of its primary market, the Diolase 10, as part of its expansion into the medical specialty markets, including sports medicine, orthopedics, physical therapy, and chiropractics. The Diolase 10 is a diode laser used for therapeutic applications, including temporary pain relief and is based on the ezlase platform.
Waterlase systems: The companys Waterlase systems use a patented combination of water and laser to perform various dental procedures performed using dental drills, scalpels and other traditional dental instruments for cutting soft and hard tissue plus bone. The companys Waterlase systems consist of the Waterlase MD and Waterlase C100 All-Tissue Dental Laser systems. Each of these systems is designed around its patented YSGG Laser HydroPhotonics technology. HydroPhotonics refers to the interaction of laser with water to produce energy to cut tissue. Through YSGG Laser HydroPhotonics, the Waterlase systems can cut hard tissue, such as bone and teeth, and soft tissue, such as gums, without the heat, vibration or pressure associated with traditional dental treatments. In 2009, the company introduced the Waterlase MD Turbo All-Tissue Dental Laser System.
Diode systems: The company also offers a line of Diode laser systems which use a semiconductor diode laser to perform soft tissue, cosmetic procedures and teeth whitening in dentistry and for pain management therapy. Its Diode laser systems consists of the ezlase and iLase, semiconductor diode lasers to perform soft tissue, hygiene, and cosmetic procedures, including teeth whitening. The companys ezlase system serves the markets of general, cosmetic, orthodontic, and hygiene procedures. It features a new pulse mode, ComfortPulse, which allows the tissue to cool between pulses resulting in improved patient comfort. Other features include wireless foot pedal control, disposable single-use tips, color touch screen activation with approximately 15 procedure based pre-sets, whitening hand piece, rechargeable battery pack and wall mount . The company received clearance for tooth whitening using the ezlase system. In February 2010, the company introduced its new iLase diode laser system, a dental diode laser that provides solutions for the everyday soft tissue surgical and hygiene procedures.
The company sells its products in approximately 50 countries. The companys systems have the CE Mark and may be sold in the European Union. Additionally, it has approval to sell its laser systems in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and other Pacific Rim countries.
Related Accessories and Disposable Products
The company also manufactures and sells disposable products and accessories for its laser systems. Its Waterlase and ezlase systems use disposable laser tips of differing sizes and shapes depending on the procedures being performed. The company also markets flexible fibers and hand pieces that the dental practitioner would replace at some point after initial purchase of the laser system. For its ezlase system, the company manufactures and sells tooth whitening gel kits.
Marketing and Sales
The company markets its laser systems in the United States and worldwide. It markets its laser systems to dental practitioners; chiropractors; physical therapists; and other pain management specialists. It also markets laser systems directly to patients. The company has entered into an agreement with Henry Schein, Inc. to distribute its products in certain international countries, including Germany, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand.
The company's Waterlase systems primarily compete with laser systems manufactured by Hoya ConBio, a subsidiary of Hoya Photonics; Lares Research, the U.S. distributor of Fotona, a European company; and Syneron, an Israeli based company. In the international market, its Waterlase systems compete primarily with products manufactured by various additional companies, including Fotona d.d., KaVo, and Deka Dental Corporation. It also competes with OpusDent Ltd., a subsidiary of Lumenis.
The companys Diode systems, including ezlase and iLase, compete with other semiconductor diode lasers manufactured by Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Sirona, KaVo Hoya, AMD, and Discus Dental.
The company was founded in 1984. It was formerly known as Societe Endo Technic, SA and changed its name to Biolase Technology, Inc. in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Biolase Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Biolase Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Biolase Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Biolase Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Biolase Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOLASE TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Biolase Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Biolase Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Biolase Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Biolase Technology, Inc. History
Biolase Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Biolase Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Biolase Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Biolase Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Biolase Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Biolase Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Biolase Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Biolase Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Biolase Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Biolase Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Biolase Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Biolase Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Biolase Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Biolase Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?